Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Version actions - access

Jen Wright October 8, 2019

Which user rights or permissions do I need to give a user in order for them to be able to take Actions on release versions? 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Muhammad Ramzan_Atlassian Certified Master_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2019

Unfortunately Jira does not have a specific permission for versions. You need to grant the "Administer Projects"  rights to those users whom you want to be able to create or manage versions.

Jen Wright October 9, 2019

Is that the same as the Release Vehicle Kyle mentioned above?

Kyle Foreman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2019

Hi Jennifer,

In Jira Align, 'releases' are named Release Vehicles. In Jira, 'releases' are named Fix Versions. My response was for Jira Align, and Muhammed's response was for Jira. 

These 'releases' do sync between the two platforms, which may be adding to the confusion. :) 

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

-Kyle

Like # people like this
Jen Wright October 9, 2019

Thanks Kyle!

Muhammad Ramzan_Atlassian Certified Master_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2019

Thanks @Kyle Foreman  for the clarification. I thought she was asking for JIra :)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kyle Foreman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2019

Hi Jennifer,

If trying to grant access to Release Vehicles in Jira Align, you'll need to update the user's system role. This can be done on the Administration -> Roles page. Expand the Program section and then search (it's quicker than scrolling!) for Release Vehicle. You should see Add, Save, and Delete toggles.

Please note, this will update permissions for all users with that system role. Let me know if that helps resolve your issue!

-Kyle

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events