Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powerscript to Export Feature from feature Panel in JIRA-ALIGN

Isha Grover September 14, 2020

Write Powerscript to Export Feature in JIRA-ALIGN .

2 answers

0 votes
Tina Behers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2021

@Isha Grover 

If I am understanding the business need behind your ask: 

"As a product owner, I need to know when a new feature/jira epic has been added to my backlog, so that I can assess, prioritize/plan (etc.) the work" 

Try this option: 

Admin -> Email - Workflow email -> Workflow Type - > Select Feature (Jira Epic in my screen shot) Agile Team level - select Product Owner.  

*2 caveats - the PO's must have the role of PO on their Teams in JA, Team must have at least on story associated to the feature to be notified. 

You may also choose this option - which has been used by a number of my customers:  

In the Team level - select Team of Team - Generally all PO's, RTE's and occasionally SM's are associated to the ART/SoS with the Team of Team role. (see second screenshot)  At the ART/Group/SoS level anyone with a team role of RTE or Team of Team, will get the notification. 

Notify.PNGTeam of Team.PNG

0 votes
Tom O'Connor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2020

@Isha Grover in Jira Align you have the ability to export features using our API 2.0 or export your features to a CSV file.  
What exactly are you trying to do and why do you need to export?  A better understanding of that may offer up some other ideas or suggestions.  

Isha Grover September 16, 2020

We  have requirement - to automate this feature -of exporting feature report, 

Every day the report(csv file with features details) should be send with applied filters (or mailed) to specific person's mail id so for that we are trying to write power script so need your help .

Can you please suggest us.

Tom O'Connor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2020

@Isha Grover let me tell you where I stand in relation to your request around email.  I'm not a big fan of email notifications with information that is readily available by logging into a system that is designed to help with visibility like Jira Align, Jira, Trello and many other products. I always ask "raise your hand if you DON'T get enough email every day?".  No one raises their hand!  Email information gets easily lost and at some point becomes old and stagnant.  
So what role is requesting that feature details get emailed to them?  Why is email important over them logging into Jira Align to see things they own, their team is working on or something they need to action?

Like Marc Koppelaar likes this
Isha Grover September 24, 2020

Sir actually we want to automate- export excel sheet of feature grid list in JIRA Align to send mail to product owner on daily basis and for that if you could suggest some solution it will be really greatful to you.

Thanks 

Tom O'Connor
Atlassian Team
September 28, 2020

@Isha Grover there is no out of the box functionality to accomplish what you are requesting. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events