Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Capacity - Wrong FTEs?

James Durrant March 31, 2023

Hi, I am planning capacity in Align, but it appears that it is calculating the current FTEs incorrectly vs my team allocations. 

On my team I have 4 developers and 1 tester which is equivalent to 5 FTEs set to 90/10 on Allocation and Defects, I also have 2 stakeholders who are greyed out with no allocation which by my calculation should show 4.5 FTE. Instead it shows 5.3 FTE?? Even it it were including the stakeholders it would equal 6.3 - what is going on?

JIRAs Guide says:

Current FTEs: The number of full-time equivalents (FTEs) available for the program or team. This is sourced from the number of team members and their allocation percentages, set on a team’s Details panel. For example, if a team has two members, each with a 50% allocation, the team will show 1 FTE.

• Individual sprint allocations, set on a sprint’s Details panel, do not affect this value.
  • Values of 0 in a team’s allocation settings panel are counted as 100% allocation.
  • Values in the Defect Allocation column do not impact FTE calculations. 

2 answers

1 vote
Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2023

The solution you are looking for may already exist.  Please review these Platform settings with your Jira Align Administrator:

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 11.27.16 AM.png

1 vote
James Durrant March 31, 2023

Update: there is a bug I think, workaround - change stakeholders to have a role such as dev, enter 1 for allocations and defects as blank or zero seems to count as 100. Save and go back to members roles and change back to stakeholders and presto the calc is correct. Jira please fix this and also please stop zero from meaning 100% as you cannot leave a cell blank - when you save it re adds the deleted previous number!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events