Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the Roadmap how is the percentage complete calculated for Epics/Features?

Greg Jaeger June 17, 2020

When using the Jira Align Roadmap view Features by Epic, how are the completion percentages for each calculated? I can't seem to locate these calculations in the support information.

Thanks - Greg

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Cruth
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2020

Great question! The % visible on the Epic and Feature bars on the roadmap is calculated by dividing the total accepted effort (story) points from all the child stories by the total effort points planned from all the child stories.

Ex. If I have 100 points planned across all the stories associated with a Feature and have accepted 50 of those points, the Feature bar would show 50%. 

Hope that helps!

Greg Jaeger June 18, 2020

Thank Mark for the quick reply. 

Margarita Artemyan March 26, 2021

@Mark Cruth hi Mark, what about when the stories are estimated by hours, considering that some stories will take longer than estimated in hours?

Mark Cruth
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2021

Hi @Margarita Artemyan ! In Jira Align, the concept of story / effort points is what will ultimately drive the progress bar on the roadmap (tied to the LOE field on stories). Points act as a proxy for time / complexity. I'd recommend checking out this article to learn more: 

https://www.atlassian.com/agile/project-management/estimation

Hope this helps!

Mark

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events