New Error When Connecting from Alteryx Gallery (server)

Jason Davis October 28, 2022

Recently began receiving an error message when trying to connect to Enterprise Insights from Alteryx.

Error opening Connection String:  Cannot create data source object

This only happens on Alteryx Server.  Works fine on Alteryx desktop.

So, cannot save or run on Alteryx Server any longer.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sam Tsubota
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2022

@Jason Davis Is your Alteryx Server on your corporate network and is its IP address within the IP addresses that is whitelisted on your Enterprise Insights instance? 

Jason Davis November 1, 2022

Hi Sam.  Yes to both questions.  

Sam Tsubota
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2022

Does Alteryx Server use port 1433 outbound to connect to Enterprise Insights? I'm guessing that it does. Are there different firewall rules for Alteryx Server?  The reason why I am asking these questions because you can connect to Enterprise Insights with Alteryx Desktop which confirms that you can connect from your corporate network. This is most likely specific to Alteryx Server. Since Alteryx Server isn't able to connect to Enterprise Insights, there is nothing that can be seen on the Enterprise Insights side to help troubleshoot the issue. 

Jason Davis November 2, 2022

I agree with that.  Thanks Sam.  

Jason Davis November 17, 2022

hey Sam, can I email you directly?  Want to discuss our IP addresses that you have whitelisted on your side.  Thanks

Jason Davis November 17, 2022

please email me at jason.davis4@wnco.com

thanks

Sam Tsubota
Atlassian Team
November 17, 2022

@Jason Davis I recommend opening a ticket with the Atlassian support team and they can help you with this. Here is a link to the Jira Align support portal: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-align/

0 votes
Jason Davis November 7, 2022

Sam, has anything changed recently regarding the SQL Server database that would not allow us to connect from server but desktop would be fine?  Just reaching here as we cannot find a solution internally.  Thanks

Sam Tsubota
Atlassian Team
November 7, 2022

@Jason Davis There hasn't been any changes to permissioning on EI. Does Alteryx Server require permissions to the master DB for SQL DBs? I've seen this before as an issue on another tool. With EI we don't allow permissions to the master DB. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events