Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My session is getting automatically timed out

Sumitra Mukherjee September 18, 2020

Whenever I try to login to JIRA Align, my session is automatically getting timed out. I can work only for 30 sec after which a prompt comes and I am logged out. Please help me to sort out this issue.

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jesse Pearlman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2020

Howdy!

First and only question; do you have multiple tabs of Jira Align open?  There is a tendency, if there are multiple tabs open, for the system to track the oldest tab open for the timeout log out.

If you do not have multiple tabs open, verify with your admin that the session timeout is not such a small window of time, and if verified, you may want to open a support ticket.

Thanks!

Sumitra Mukherjee September 30, 2020

Hello!

No, I am opening only one JIRA Align at a time. Also I have tried using many browsers like IE, Firefox and Chrome but getting the same error message in all of them. 

I tried to open a ticket and even got a reply from the team suggesting to open JIRA in Incognito window. I did the same but to no avail. 

Where can I find out Session Timeout settings? Could you please help me with that?

Thanks.

Jesse Pearlman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2020

It's in the Admin section

Jesse Pearlman
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2020

The upload for screenshots isn't working.  

Administration?Settings>Platform: Security Tab

0 votes
Answer accepted
Karalee Kikiros September 21, 2020

What browser are you using? If using IE, try switching to something like Chrome. 

Is it impacting others? If so, ask your Super Admin to check the Session Timeout in the Security Settings. 

Sumitra Mukherjee September 30, 2020

Hi,

I tried using Chrome, Firefox and IE. But I am getting same error message in all the browsers. 

I will ask the Super Admin for session timeout settings.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events