Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira vs Jira align

Amanda K March 15, 2024

What is Jira Align - How does it differ from Jira? 

3 answers

3 votes
Margo Sakova - OKR Board for Jira by Oboard
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 16, 2024

Hi Amanda,

In a nutshell, Jira Align adds a strategic level to the work done in Jira.
I've recently written an article, comparing goal-setting capabilities in both Jira and Jira Align.

I hope that helps

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2024

Hi @Amanda K 

At a high level, Jira is a work tracking tool - whilst Jira Align connects your business strategy to technical execution (fed with data from Jira).

Jira is also attached to a suite of products - for example:

• Jira Software - work management for technical teams
  • Jira Work Management - work management for business teams
  • Jira Service Management - ITSM and service projects, both internal and external
  • Jira Product Discovery - share ideas and product roadmaps

I'd check out what products might suit you via the products page. Click into each product to learn more about their features and plan levels!

Jira Software Premium/Enterprise also have a planning tool, Advanced Roadmaps - check out how AR and Align compare on this page: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/agile-at-scale/portfolio-and-align

Ste

0 votes
Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2024

In brief, Jira Align aggregates the work done in by Teams in Jira into multidimensional prioritizes, plans and work item ...and ties it all to your organizations strategy.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events