Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira->Jira Align Feature Owner Sync Uses Deactivated Account

Edited

I have set all of my Deactivated users to have "(Inactive)" as part of their last name in Jira Align to provide visibility to the use of deactivated accounts.   We have some users that have an active account and a deactivates account.   The deactivated accounts have a dummy email address so there should be no link back to Jira.   However, we are seeing instances where the Owner of a Feature is set to the active account in Jira Align and on the next Jira->Jira Align sync, the Owner of the Features is set back to the deactivated account.

Has anyone witnessed this behavior in Jira Align?   Any suggestions?

DeactivatedUser.pngActiveUser.pngAuditLog.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Yes, I am all too familiar with this issue.  I'm not on the Atlassian team, but I've worked with Jira Align/Jira for 3+ years.

There is a workaround but no permanent solution yet from Atlassian.

The account that gets created in Jira Align from Jira is also associated with that issue that synced over.

What you need to do is keep the Jira created account and make that one the Active account.

Transfer all the Teams, Programs, etc to the Jira created account.

If the user has Epics, Features, Stories in Jira Align that were created under their Jira Align created account, this will have a different email address.

Export (for example) all the Features in Jira Align that the person in questions is 'Owner' for.  You'll see that their email address is different than what is on their active account (the one created by the Jira connector).

Update their email address to match their Jira created account and Import the spreadsheet.  The user will be able to update the Features in Jira Align whether they were created in Jira Align or Jira (as an Epic).

Hope that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Align

Lean Portfolio Management with Jira Align

Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) is a relatively newer management methodology which draws from lean and systems thinking approaches to drive value-based outcomes, as opposed to more traditional techni...

1,356 views 2 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you