Jira->Jira Align Feature Owner Sync Uses Deactivated Account

Katherine M. Walker September 16, 2021

I have set all of my Deactivated users to have "(Inactive)" as part of their last name in Jira Align to provide visibility to the use of deactivated accounts.   We have some users that have an active account and a deactivates account.   The deactivated accounts have a dummy email address so there should be no link back to Jira.   However, we are seeing instances where the Owner of a Feature is set to the active account in Jira Align and on the next Jira->Jira Align sync, the Owner of the Features is set back to the deactivated account.

Has anyone witnessed this behavior in Jira Align?   Any suggestions?

DeactivatedUser.pngActiveUser.pngAuditLog.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Connie Crabbe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2021

Yes, I am all too familiar with this issue.  I'm not on the Atlassian team, but I've worked with Jira Align/Jira for 3+ years.

There is a workaround but no permanent solution yet from Atlassian.

The account that gets created in Jira Align from Jira is also associated with that issue that synced over.

What you need to do is keep the Jira created account and make that one the Active account.

Transfer all the Teams, Programs, etc to the Jira created account.

If the user has Epics, Features, Stories in Jira Align that were created under their Jira Align created account, this will have a different email address.

Export (for example) all the Features in Jira Align that the person in questions is 'Owner' for.  You'll see that their email address is different than what is on their active account (the one created by the Jira connector).

Update their email address to match their Jira created account and Import the spreadsheet.  The user will be able to update the Features in Jira Align whether they were created in Jira Align or Jira (as an Epic).

Hope that helps.

0 votes
Eduardo Ló. September 22, 2023

Finsishh confusión 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events