Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Integration Run Button Missing - Jira Settings > Jira Integration Tab

Rebecca Hylek August 2, 2022

We have Jira Cloud with a Jira Align Integration.  We had sync issues with sprints that needed manual correction which has been completed.  To check that the sync is working properly, I would like to manually sync one project.

Instructions on 10X: Jira Management Settings:

1. Open the Jira Sprints tab.
  2. From the Boards drop-down menu above the grid, select the boards with the sprints you want to synchronize on demand.
  3. Click the Sync Board Now button.
  4. To synchronize sprints for the other boards if needed, repeat steps 2-3.

We do not have a "Sync Board Now" button on the Jira Sprints tab.

Following instructions given during our migration, I tried the following:

Jira Settings > Jira Integration Tab > Select the Project > Select the board to sync > Yes 

From that point, I should be able to select the "Run" button however it isn't there anymore.  

I'm a Super Admin in our system, I checked with another Super Admin that was able to run a sync on 7/29/22 at 4:48 PM and she doesn't have the "Run" button either.

Where did the button go and how do we get it back?

Thank you!

Rebecca (Becky) Hylek

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon Wright August 4, 2022

@Rebecca Hylek , I know you stated you are a Super Admin, but I would double-check the role and verify that you do not have the READ-ONLY MODE toggle on next the to following under the Administration section for the role

JIra Setting

Jira Boards

Jira Sprints

Shannon Wright August 4, 2022

that is the only time I've seen where the buttons to RUN or sync boards would be missing.

Rebecca Hylek August 4, 2022

Thanks Shannon!  We found that was the problem.  Everything is good now!

Like Shannon Wright likes this
0 votes
Heidi Hendry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2022

Hi Becky,
you might wish to remove your phone number from your post so that you don't get spam!

If Allan's answer doesn't help you, please reach out to support.atlassian.com  and we will help you out.

Rebecca Hylek August 4, 2022

Hi Heidi!  Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely remove that!!!

0 votes
Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2022

Becky,

I have noticed that if a Board has no Sprints synced from Jira then you sometimes need to press the Auto-Sync Jira Align Sprints now button to make the Sync board Now button show up.  I have not done enough investigation to determine the exact circumstances that cause this, but you might give it a shot.

Shannon Wright August 3, 2022

Allan, I would love to find out more if you run into that again.  I've never seen that happen

Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2022

Usually, several of the buttons on the Sprint Tab disappear when Run Sync Now is pressed and return when the operation completes.  I think there may be a certain error where the sync does not complete properly and the buttons never reappear.  Pressing the Sync Future Sprints button restores all the buttons when it completes normally.  

That is what I believe was happening, but I cannot reproduce now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events