Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Align Solution Layer

Lyle Rosdahl April 6, 2023

I have a user who wants to use the Solution Layer in Jira Align. I think that would be a beneficial feature to turn on as we are a very large organization but am wondering what kinds of things I should consider before doing so.

I assume that it will implement an extra work item layer (along with its objective) that programs would need to link their features to (in other words, they wouldn't be able to link Feature -> Epic anymore but would have to do Feature -> Capability -> Epic). Besides adding that extra work item to the hierarchy are there any other considerations?

Thanks very much!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jamie Giantonio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2023

Lyle- some things to consider before turning on the solution layer:

• Once capabilities are enabled, they cannot be turned off

• There is NO Solution Room dashboard like the Strategy, Portfolio, Program and Team Room.

• Epics created in non-solution portfolio's cannot be moved to portfolios with solution level enabled.

• Cannot link Features to Epics if it is from Portfolios with capabilities enabled to Portfolios without capabilities enabled.

• Reporting for the solution level is not as robust as program and Portfolio

• The capabilities detail panel has limited fields compared to epics and features

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events