Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Align REST API to get features, expand doesn't work when filter is enabled.

Gareth Beynon July 26, 2024

I'm using Swagger UI in Jira Align to test this out and I am noticing these two options don't seem to work in tandem.

I am trying to use the Features GET endpoint to get a list of Features for a particular release / jira project(s), but I also want the expanded data for Program, Owner and Release.

If I leave the filter options blank in Swagger and just test it pulling the top 1-5 results it works, I get the fully expanded data JSON response.

If I then apply a filter to target a specific release (or put anything in the filter options at all) the data is still returned but not in the expanded format, effectively expand=true does not work when filter is also present.

Is this by design? Or have I stumbled across an annoying bug. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2024

It works for me in the example below.  Maybe you could post (no pun intended) the syntax you are using?

{{base_JA_url}}/Epics?EXPAND=true&$FILTER=id EQ 1414
Gareth Beynon July 30, 2024

@Allan Maxwell thanks for the reply.

In swagger UI:

{Base URL}/rest/align/api/2/Features?expand=true

This works and I can see the extra expand details.

{Base URL}/rest/align/api/2/Features?expand=true&filter=releaseId%20EQ%2021

Though this returns a response the expand detail is now omitted.

Thankfully this was enough for me to spot the issue. In Swagger UI the URL uses the format '&filter' which still works but it needs to be '&$filter' to work with the expand clause.

I've just tried this and can confirm it works.

Bit annoying that Swagger doesn't give you the output URL in that format.

Like Allan Maxwell likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events