cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Align Pricing and Trial

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2020

It it almost a year since Jira Align joined Atlassian products portoflio.

Currently there are no way to check the Jira Align pricing than going to Agile Craft site..

https://agilecraft.com/pricing

It is really hard to find and official page on Atlassian site is not mentioning this even (only there is a form to request a quote)

There is no information about Jira Align also in Licensing FAQ

https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/purchase-licensing#trials

Does somebody know more details when to expect official page and information about up to date pricing? 

Similar to pricing details would it be possible to playground with Jira Align somehow? A x day free trial like it is for other products?

5 answers

3 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Shana
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2020

@Mirek , thank you for your post!

The agilecraft.com website is the Jira Align website; it will be incorporated into the Atlassian website in the near future. The pricing page that you have linked to is accurate and up to date.

If you have more questions about the licensing and pricing beyond what is detailed on that page, please let us know and I'm happy to connect you with a member of our team.

Richard Wilson _Jarow Digital_ January 11, 2020

Launchpad is a great way to learn more about Jira Align.  It gives you an introduction, shows you how to do it and then allows you to have a go yourself on some data prepopulated for you.  

if you see the value then I encourage you to work with a partner and start with a small teams of teams to see if it adds value to your organisation.   

Like # people like this
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2020

Thanks for info! Launchpad is good way to learn about Jira Align.

Like # people like this
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2020

Indeed it is a good way about learning Jira Align, but the problem is that there is no reference (yet) from official Atlassian page, so not many people knows about it. 

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/align

There is no single word or reference about the ability to have a trial or see pricing (only a form to see a demo, quote or other information. Everything is on Agile Craft page which is not the first page result when "googling" for "Jira Align".

I know that it is the matter of time, but if there is already a place where people can easily find information about pricing or get a trial it should be on the official page (at least as a simple link). And we should not forget about FAQ which is the best place to find information about all products licensing and pricing (but not yet Jira Align - even a note that this would be announced soon or something similar)

I hope @Shana that we will see that very soon :) Thank you very much for your answer.

Like Shawn Kessler likes this
BJ Miller
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2020

@mirek

This is great feedback - thank you! We original 'Crafters (now happy Atlassians!) are also eager to get more fully integrated into everything. It doesn't happen fast enough! :)

Workin on it!

Cheers,
BJ

BJ Miller
Atlassian Team
February 6, 2020

PS - I can't believe it's been nearly a year. It's FLOWN by!!

V R Ravinuthala March 12, 2020

Its nearly impossible to find a trial access to Alien. Submitted on Launchpad, do not get ack. email. as well. 

Like Heidi_Gold likes this
Arnold May 16, 2020

https://go.agilecraft.com/launchpad isn't giving any response.  No errors, no acknowledgement.  Submit button seems to have no event behind it.  I'm 'empty clicking'

BJ Miller
Atlassian Team
June 22, 2020

Hi @Arnold 

We've migrated websites (finally!). Try this link: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/align#contact

Cheers,

BJ

Like Mirek likes this
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2020

Awesome! Still waiting for having Jira Align in the FAQ pricing and licensing page (or any other that would clearly answer how much people need to spend to have this applications, but I hope it would be there soon :)

0 votes
Answer accepted
V R Ravinuthala June 22, 2020

i got email response from them and suggested me to review JIRA portfolio. One of the helpful suggestion i got was if your organization is less than 500 users you are better of  using Portfolio. 

I have reviewed Portfolio at that time which was offered as plugin. 

BJ Miller
Atlassian Team
June 22, 2020

Thanks @V R Ravinuthala 

This is correct. The guidance we (the Align team) give is that if you have an IT/Technology organization of smaller than 500 total users, Advanced Roadmaps (formerly Portfolio for Jira) is a better option. Align really solves the challenges of scale and is a bit of overkill for smaller orgs. Many challenges can also be solved by diving deeply into your delivery process and organizing around value. Several Atlassian partners are GREAT for this and can really help here.

Cheers,
BJ

Moran Hazan June 22, 2020

@BJ Miller

Can you have advanced roadmaps on a cloud base, connected to Jira cloud? 

Also, is that a recommendation or mandatory as these are different products.. 

BJ Miller
Atlassian Team
June 22, 2020

Hi @Moran Hazan 

Just checked with the tech team and Advanced Roadmaps is available in Cloud Premium, but not in the base cloud version of Jira. 

It is not mandatory for any customer to use any particular part (or purchase any particular part) of Jira. Advanced Roadmaps is helpful to visualize the work in a roadmap as an information radiator. I'm not very deep in AR, so I would defer to others who are more familiar with the benefits (I'm on the Align team). 

Have a good week!

Cheers,

BJ

@BJ Miller 

Hi, I meant if it's mandatory to have 500 users in order to get Jira Align. 

As for the Advanced Roadmaps I really hoped it's a different product than what you get on the cloud premium version, as we didn't find the value of it for our org. 

Thanks in advance!  

Like Beth Schwartz likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2020

It's not mandatory to have 500+ users, but it almost certainly will be uneconomic for you.

Like BJ Miller likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Hasnain Haider May 18, 2020

Love to start Jira Align as it cover all the aspects for SAFe framework. 

BJ Miller
Atlassian Team
May 18, 2020

Hi @Hasnain Haider

Align is a bit different than the other Atlassian products, as there are no free trials. So to get started, you need to get in touch with the sales team for your area. I'm not sure who the front-line person is for your area. Where are you based?

Cheers,

BJ

0 votes
Caz
Atlassian Team
July 27, 2020

Hi @Mirek , wanted to give you an update that we have fully integrated into the Atlassian site! Here is a link to our pricing page if you'd like to check it out: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/align/pricing  

lmaxwell October 16, 2020

Can someone please help me understand how to do this? (from Jira Align Pricing page):

To determine the number of Jira Align users you’ll need, count up the number of team-level users you would like to integrate. Whether you have users in one or multiple Jira instances, or across a mix of tools from Atlassian and other vendors, we can help you create visibility and alignment above the team level.

How many Jira/Integrated users do you have on your team?

If we have a total of 2000 Jira users, is this saying that we can purchase and assign Jira Align seats to a subgroup of those, perhaps our Stakeholders/Product team? Am I understanding this correctly? 

Thanks for any help!

BJ Miller
Atlassian Team
October 16, 2020

Hi Lisa,

We do pricing a little differently than the rest of the universe, so I completely get your confusion; you're not alone. I tend to have to spend a good bit of time explaining this to my current customers and prospective Jira Align users.

1. You only pay for your Jira Align *strategic* users (stakeholders). The people who will need to be using the product on the day-to-day. Think Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Product Managers, Release Train Engineers, and anyone who will need to prioritize work or see reports to make decisions. 

2. There are "integrated users" who are your team users. Those are the folks who are doing their day-to-day in Jira, devs, test, those people. 

Based on these two definitions, we have a 1:4 ratio that we estimate for pricing of strategic:integrated users. So if you have 2000 Jira users (actual Jira users, so not, like, we have a license for 2000, but we really have 1,500 people using Jira because we estimate based on actual numbers not your license tier), you would be somewhere between 400-500 Jira Align licenses. (400 is the minimum, thinking the leaders who would need to view those reports would be included in your 2000 total, versus those guys being new licenses you'd need.)

I hope that makes sense!

Cheers,

BJ Miller

lmaxwell October 16, 2020

Hi BJ,

Wow - was not expecting such a quick reply.

This is very helpful - thank you!

-Lisa

Jeanne Howe October 19, 2020

@BJ Miller 

Just to make sure I have the numbers right,

400 users at the "standard" level is 360,000$US dollars annually. Is that correct?

BJ Miller
Atlassian Team
October 19, 2020

Hi @JT 

If you are planning to use 400 full Jira Align licenses (strategic users), that would support a total of 2,000 integrated Jira users. The standard pricing for the software is roughly $250K, and that will include a partial TAM to support you. We always sell at the very least a Jumpstart services package for a first sale to set up, configure and launch a train or two with the product and that's $35K. So all in for 2,000 users, your first year would be about $285K, second year $250K.

If you're saying 400 users, like 400 total in your dev org, you'd need 80-100 Jira Align licenses to cover that many integrated and strategic users. Standard for that many will be $75K-$100K plus the services. 

I'd definitely want to talk to you about what you're trying to achieve, however, and if Standard or Enterprise is the right fit for your company.

Hope that helps!

Jeanne Howe October 19, 2020

@BJ Miller  We have a 2000 user tier license. We have approximately 1500 users. I am trying to determine pricing for both the “standard” and “enterprise” level of Align. We are aware of the jumpstart program. 

Jeanne

BJ Miller
Atlassian Team
October 20, 2020

Hi @JT ,

You would need probably 300 Align licenses to cover 1500 users, not 400 (which would cover 2,000). Align is just based on the number of users you *have* and not on the license tier you're in.

You'd want to talk to your rep about it to make sure you have the right number to cover the people who'd be using the product. (You'd probably go through the roles you have and just make sure you have the right number of licenses to cover everyone who wants reporting, etc.)

Good luck!

Cheers,

BJ

Jeanne Howe October 20, 2020

@BJ Miller 

Thank you for the info. I am not sure on how to calculate the potential costs. When using this page - https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/align/pricing - the numbers are very different than what you have said in your last comment. You calculated the cost of 400 users at approximately $250K. The calculation from the pricing page puts 400 users at $360K. That's a pretty big difference. As for "talking to my rep", how do I find out who my rep is? As an Atlassian Cloud client, do I have a dedicated rep?

BJ Miller
Atlassian Team
October 20, 2020

Hey Jeanne,

Sorry it's confusing. :) 

There are two levels of product, Standard and Enterprise. The ask was for Standard, so that's what I gave. I may have misinterpreted your ask - sorry! The Enterprise quote is closer - $345K for 300 Align and 1500 total users for the software (and includes TAM services). 

Drop me a line at bmiller@atlassian.com and I'll point you to the right person to help you. And yes, you will have a Jira Align rep who focuses there. We're a bit of a different group given the product we represent. We partner with the "Core" reps, who would be the Atlassian Cloud person. 

Cheers,

BJ

Jeanne Howe October 22, 2020

@BJ Miller 

I really appreciate the information, and your time. What I am still stuck on is why the numbers you have given me do not match the numbers I get when using this page to calculate my costs - 

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/align/pricing

BJ Miller
Atlassian Team
October 22, 2020

Totally hear you. Sorry it doesn't match. 

Short answer is, the website isn't accurate (there have been some changes to the pricing over the last few months). We are in process of fixing it now (just got a new Atlassian on board to help accelerate this). 

We (Jira Align EA team) have recently brought this up to product marketing to get it addressed. Thanks for giving us more ammo to make noise internally!

I'd really recommend talking to myself or one of my peers - just to make sure what you're looking at for the product is going to deliver what you're looking for in terms of value.

Best to you and your org!

Cheers,

BJ

Henry Bada October 22, 2020

Hello @BJ Miller 

Hope you are well!  I have been assessing a couple of tools for my company and Jira Align is on the list!  I sent a few requests through your contact form but have not gotten a response yet.

I have watched a couple of demo videos thus far.  Is it possible to schedule a private 1 hour demo (30 minute overview then 30 minutes Q&A) with members of our management team for early next week?  We are in EST zone.  

Thanks

Henry

BJ Miller
Atlassian Team
October 22, 2020

@Henry Bada 

Hi! If you can let me know your company, I can point you to the right person.

Just so you know, we tend to want to talk to you first to help figure out if Align is the right fit for your company. Normally, the companies that Align is a good fit for have 500+ on the dev team, are using a scaling framework (like SAFe), have exec support and a Lean/Agile Center of Excellence. You don't have to have ALL of those things, but our goal in rolling out the software is to make you successful. And if it looks like Align isn't what will help there, we will point you to different products or give advice about what would be a good next step to get to a point where Align is a good fit.

Often a demo isn't the first step - we try to understand what challenges you're trying to overcome and then we tailor a demo to those challenges. Align does a lot of things, so we try not to overwhelm with the whole enchilada on day one. :)

Hope that helps!

Like Henry Bada likes this
Henry Bada October 22, 2020

Hello @BJ Miller 

Thanks for the response!  

I am with Turbonomic which is based in Boston, MA.  I am trained in Leading SAFe and our company wants to get their eventually.  Whoever you get me in contact with, I can talk with them and give them a list of our requirements, teams, process, etc.  We understand the cost may be higher but would like to still explore since we need to look beyond our engineering centric tools we are currently using.

Thanks! 🙂
Henry

BJ Miller
Atlassian Team
October 23, 2020

OK, @Mariam Balaparya will be in touch with you!

Like Henry Bada likes this
Mariam Balaparya
Atlassian Team
October 26, 2020

Hi @Henry Bada - I am the Enterprise Development Rep. for Turbonomic and can assist you with any questions you have about Jira Align. Could you please email me at mbalaparya@atlassian.com so that we can schedule some time to chat this week? Thanks! 

0 votes

Same here- there is no way to get access to this product. Left several requests to the sales, got nothing. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2020

You might want to try reaching out to a partner instead.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events