Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jet marketplace addin

Richard Wilson _Jarow Digital_ January 11, 2020

What is the timing for Jet or equivalent expected to be available on marketplace 

5 answers

4 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2020

Jet for Jira Align is now available in the Atlassian Marketplace for Cloud. Data Center and Server are still a few weeks away. You can access via the link below:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221602/jet-by-jira-align?hosting=cloud&tab=overview 

Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2020

Very Important: Keep in mind, Jet is not a desktop app. It is intended for Admins, or at least users that have Admin rights to the site/Jira instance you plan to install the app on.

Like # people like this
Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
January 23, 2020

Jet for Data Center and Server are now also available via the link above.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
January 12, 2020

Hi Richard, Nic, and Peter,

Thank you for the post, questions, and answers.  We are finalizing the work for a marketplace plugin of JET and will be releasing additional information as the release date becomes closer.

The new version runs additional checks, has a refined design, and is more efficient. I am excited for its release!

Cheers!

Tim

Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2020

Great news, @Tim Keyes

Like Tim Keyes likes this
Richard Wilson _Jarow Digital_ January 12, 2020

Thanks @Tim Keyes @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  and @Peter Jessen, looking forward to it. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2020

Hi @Richard Wilson _Jarow Digital_,

I assume you mean the AgileCraft/Jira Align JET utility for evaluating a Jira environment prior to integrating with Jira Align?

That utility was never meant for general use, only for initial assessment prior to integrating Jira Align to the Jira environment. The JET utility was also only intended for the use of the team doing the initial integration. It was designed to help those of us who do the integration to see in advance what issues we might be facing with the existing Jira configuration.

JET could possibly be a cool stand-alone plug-in for use by Jira admins, but I assume something like it must already exist. It certainly provided a ton of great health metrics for us getting ready to implement Jira Align with a Jira environment.

I'm sure an Atlassian Jira Align team member will address you question by tomorrow or Tuesday.

By the way, the predecessor to JET was JIST (Jira Implementation Scaling Tool). The JIST user guide can be found here. (You might need a login to access the guide.) There is no documentation on JET, to my knowledge, other than what is included in the utility itself.

Regards,
Peter

Richard Wilson _Jarow Digital_ January 12, 2020

Thanks Peter,  For explaining both.  I have access to both. As part of the Jet install the documentation is included. Many organisations have challenges with installing applications on their Laptops so a plug in would be a great way to work around this.  CPrime have developed a plug in although it requires their scripting engine. 

Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2020

Hi @Richard Wilson _Jarow Digital_

I've worked closely with cPrime for several years. They are a great team. I didn't mention their tools because you asked specifically about JET.

JET, while pretty good, isn't as strong as the cPrime tool set, as far as I know.

Implementing Jira Align requires specific knowledge and expertise, especially to do it properly. cPrime has certainly assembled the largest brain trust of people experienced in implementing and coaching Jira Align.

Regards,

Peter

Like # people like this
Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
January 22, 2020

Documentation for Jet is in product--no need for external doc, as Jet is a "wizard" that will walk you step by step through the process. Pop-up modals in the product provide help content. :)

-Shawn

Like Emily Koch likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2020

Could you explain what "Jet" is?

Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2020

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-,

See my answer to your question below.

Regards,
Peter

0 votes
Rodrigo Cortez
Atlassian Team
August 23, 2023

Per the latest release of the Jet by Jira Align app (version 2.1.1), permissions are now simplified.

Check it out:

Version 2.1.1  Released 2023-04-19

Non-administrators are now able to run Jet!

We replaced the Jira System Admin requirement with a Jet by Jira Align user group permission that can be turned on for any user. Find the new permission under Security > Global permissions in your Jira system settings.

We’ve also updated the location of the app to make it accessible to any user with the required permission. Access the app from the Project settings sidebar.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events