Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Align On-Premise: Features & Limitations

Marta Alberto April 1, 2020

Dear,

Which are the features of the JIRA Align on-premise version?

Is there available some public documentation where we can check the capabilities of the on-premise version?

Moreover, i would like to ask about known technical/functional limitationson of the on-premise version.

Many thanks in advance!

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2020

Hi @Marta Alberto,

The two versions are identical.

In order to be eligible to purchase Jira Align in an on-prem version, your company must meet certain criteria specified by Atlassian.

If at all possible, I would recommend your company go with the cloud version. Support is much easier and upgrades every two weeks are automatic. If you go on-prem, then you are dealing with a delayed upgrade path (as shown in the link @Tom O_Connor provided, as well as a potential need to self-upgrade if your security team doesn't provide Jira Align Support access through your firewall to upgrade your instance.

In addition, the cloud version automatically adjusts based on demand/load. In my experience, on-prem instances are often suffer from performance issues due to the hardware/bandwidth provided.

Regards,
Peter

Marta Alberto April 1, 2020

Many thanks for your answer!

Like Peter Jessen likes this
2 votes
Answer accepted
Tom O'Connor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2020

All release notes, both for SaaS and On-Prem are located here:  https://agilecrafthelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/235943887-Release-Calendar

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events