Is there a way to map Jira Defect fields to Jira Align Defect fields ?

Hina Tufail May 28, 2021

Hi there,

We are using "Bug" issue type with Jira Software within several teams. We had already implemented in Jira Software multi-line fields such as "Expected result", "Observed result", "Root cause"... And I see similar fields within the Jira Align Defect object, which sounds great to me.

But thing is I cannot manage to find if there is a way to map those jira fields to these jira align fields ? I do not see anything below the Jira Setup.

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Sam Tsubota
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2021

@Hina Tufail There are limited fields that sync between a Jira Bug and a Jira Align Defect work item. The Jira Data Synchronization article on the Jira Align knowledge base has a table that provides a list of fields that sync between Jira Bug and a Jira Align defect. The fields that you referenced cannot be mapped to a Jira Align defect.

Hina Tufail June 2, 2021

@Sam Tsubota Thank you ! Very clear ! As there are several fields in Jira Align such as Steps To Reproduce ; it could be good if this can be mapped from Jira to Jira Align, as defects are mostly used/treated in jira by the teams. Could this be a suggestion for the future ?

Sam Tsubota
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2021

@Hina Tufail You can submit ideas for enhancements through the Jira Align idea portal. You will need to click Register on the login to create a login and once approved you can submit an idea. There is a community article written by the Jira Align product team that explains how to submit an idea. 

Like Hina Tufail likes this
Hina Tufail June 3, 2021

Allright @Sam Tsubota :) thanks !

0 votes
Tina Behers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2021

@Hina Tufail IF you have a good API developer, you can leverage the Jira Align API to add this data for syncing via a custom API.  

See the JA API documentation for more details: https://<yoursite-url>/rest/align/api/docs/index.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events