Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to know which Ideation Portal I am submitting ideas to?

sachin gangam June 9, 2021

Hello All,

I have access to multiple ideation portals and currently there is no way for me to differentiate between portals. Is there any way I can know which portal I am submitting tickets to as an "External User".

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Sachin.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Cortez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2021

Hi @sachin gangam 

Ideation Group is determined by the externally accessed URL.  As an Ideation (external) User, you can register for multiple groups, then to decide to which group you wanna contribute your Ideas with will depends on the URL you'll log in to.

In the example below, we can see Heidi's Ideation Group and its external URL:

heidi-s-group.pngheidi-s-2.png

sachin gangam June 10, 2021

Thank you @Rodrigo Cortez . Is there any possibility that this might change in future. It is not convenient for users to keep track of various different urls. 

Like Rodrigo Cortez likes this
Rodrigo Cortez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2021

@sachin gangam ,

I see what you're saying but currently there isn't yet a more convenient, visual cue other than the URL itself. 

But that sounds a nice enhancement request.  Would you consider raising a new Idea for that in Jira Align's public Ideation portal? (it's available for customers & prospects only)

Here you can find instructions on how to get there:

Hope it helps.

Will sure do. Thanks.

0 votes
Rodrigo Cortez
Atlassian Team
June 10, 2021

Internal contributors (Jira Align licensed users), on the other hand, can browse to Ideation page (https://instance.jiraalign.com/izone) then select which group they want to contribute with by choosing the available options in the dropdown.

heidi-s-3.png

Thank you. I was looking for something similar on external users UI. 

Rodrigo Cortez
Atlassian Team
June 10, 2021

Yeah... I thought so.

We're aware of some customers using browser's bookmarks, if that helps.

Like sachin gangam likes this
Rich Julius
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 14, 2023

Rather than using the Ideation For dropdown for internal users, is there a way to create a direct URL to a specific Ideation Group? We have dozens of Groups and for our internally-facing product, we wanted to be able to put a direct link into our tool so that the Ideation Group is pre-selected. (All of our users are Internal so they have logins.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events