Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to format the description field?

Amanda Mason April 20, 2022

We have the 'Rich Text Format' setting set to 'Jira rendered field'. Enabling HTML format didn't seem to change the description field behavior.

I want to be able to show the Status Report for an Epic and have it be formatted instead of it squishing all of the content together. Is there a way to format this?

DescriptionFormatting.pngStatusReportFormatting.png

1 answer

0 votes
Christoph Piotrowski _catworkx_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 21, 2022

Hi @Amanda Mason, your screenshot shows an portfolio level work item, so the configuration you mentioned will not affect this. The "Rich text formatting" settings define how data coming from Jira (Stories, Epics) are handled in Jira Align description and acceptance criteria fields. With your setting ("Jira rendered field") you should be able to use a little "eye" icon showing up next to a story or feature description field. A click on it will show the description as it is rendered in Jira.

Looking to the Epic level: there are several feature toggles, that influence the formatting possibilities in Jira Align. There is also a little SCEditor that could be enabled. The best way is to contact your Atlassian Solution Architect or open a service ticket to get clarity about your options.

Finally, looking to the status report I assume that a change of the description field display will not have an effect on the report. My assumption for the report is: the field content is shrinked as the main information here is not the description field (which might be long and distracting) and the report wants to keep focus on the information below that field. I understand your point, and a feature request might also be an option to get this report behaviour changed.

Shyam Sundar P March 8, 2024

What are the Epic level toggles that you are referring to above?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events