Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to do a mass update on owner.

Ann Bouvier March 17, 2020

I want to be able to move quite a few features from 1 owner to another owner.  Is that possible to do in Jira Align as a bulk process?

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tina Behers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2020

Ann 

Unfortunately, the mass update functionality via the UI (since the version 10 release) is a bit limited. 

As a workaround I would suggest the following process: 

Step 

1) Filter the Feature grid page to the results you want (i.e. Filter by owner) 

2) Export 

3) update the owner - be sure to use the name EXACTLY as it is listed in Jira Align 

4) Import those features back into Jira Align. 

Happy Updating! 

Ann Bouvier March 26, 2020

Thank you, I am always a little apprehensive to do any importing.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon Wright
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2020

Not during a bulk operation within Align.  The best option would be export the features, then update the Owner column and re-import.

0 votes
Tina Behers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2020

@Ann Bouvier  Check out the new API 2.0 released recently!  Our Cprime team has been building and testing update API functions to solve common update problems, like updating the owner on work items, bulk adding PIs, updating sprints, etc.  

Ann Bouvier May 15, 2020

Thank you Tina, I will look into it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events