Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration to Jira causing feature owner field to reset in Jira Align

GregPearson April 28, 2021

I have a product manager who has several features where he is the owner. For some reason, on some but not all of the features, his name has been removed and the feature is now unassigned in Jira Align. Screengrab from the audit log is below (I blacked out the user name, doesn't actually look like that).

Coincidentally(?), I added a new project in Jira this morning and updated the project in the Jira Integration tab of Connection Management and the update process for that ran right about the same time as the time stamp from the audit log below.

User can access Jira and Jira Align (we are cloud version of both) and this only changed on some of his assigned features, not all of them. 

Any ideas?

JA Audit log.png

3 answers

1 vote
Sam Tsubota
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2021

@GregPearson , @Tom O_Connor is correct about the user needing permissions to the Jira project where the feature (Jira epics) are created. I actually was working with a user that experienced this issue yesterday. The user created a feature in Jira Align but was assigned the Jira epic and it was due to the user not having permissions to the Jira project. When you see in the audit log that the owner is removed by External System (Jira) after the Owner field was updated it is a high likelihood that the user doesn't have permission to the Jira project

GregPearson May 6, 2021

Thanks, Sam. All permissions are assigned as noted. I'm planning to open a ticket with Atlassian for them to look into it.

1 vote
Tina Behers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

@GregPearson There are a couple of things that may be causing this. 

1) Is the PM assigned to the program team in Jira Align? 

2) Is the PM part of the project "team" (active user) on the jira project to which the feature is writing? 

When both of these are true, you should see integrations happening seamlessly. 

LMK if this doesn't help. 

Tina 

GregPearson May 6, 2021

Thanks, Tina. All permissions are assigned as noted. I'm planning to open a ticket with Atlassian for them to look into it.

Like Tina Behers likes this
0 votes
Tom O'Connor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2021

Does the user that was updated as the new owner of the feature in Jira Align have permissions to the Jira project where the Jira epic was created?  Which is similar to what Tina was asking and confirming on the Jira side permissions.  

Also, I'm tracking some internal discussions about another client that may be experiencing a similar issue.  

I'd recommend that you submit a support case so that they can better understand if this is a replicated problem we can have our engineers validate if it is a potential issue.  

Thanks

GregPearson May 6, 2021

Thanks, Tom. All permissions are assigned as noted. I'll get that support ticket open for further analysis.

Like Tom O'Connor likes this
Anitha Devkumar July 29, 2021

Were you able to resolve this issue? We are also running into the exact same problem with our Product Managers. Thank you.

GregPearson July 30, 2021

It is not resolved, there is a bug open for it, JIRAALIGN-3169. If you go out to it you can click a button to be added on as an impacted user.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events