Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideation Portal External User Registers and Doesn't Get Associated to Ideation Group

Stephanie Davis June 1, 2023

I've got one ideation portal external user that, despite using the same external link everyone else is using to register, it's not associating them to the ideation group. They've tried twice now with two different emails and the same thing happens.  What's worse is that there is no way for me, as admin, to edit them and associate them to the correct ideation group so they are just in a blackhole.

1 answer

1 vote
Edvaldo Lima
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2023

Hello @Stephanie Davis

I'd like to have a possible workaround to the issue if you haven't tried it yet!

Workaround

There is a workaround to assign the user to the correct Ideation Group:

They don't need to register again, ask them to:

1. Visit the group link (How to find the group link)

1. In Ideation portal 

2. Click on Setup

3. Select the Group

4. Find the “External Link”

2. Try logging in.

3. It will fail, but after the attempted login, the new access request should be sent to the group admin.

4. After the new request is sent you should be able to manually approve the user access from the ideation UI.

We also noticed you raised a JA support ticket, which is great, thanks a lot for that!

Should the above workaround doesn't work, one of our engineers will follow up with you and continue to assist accordingly.

Thanks!

Stephanie Davis June 2, 2023

The workaround isn't working so I still need help.  When she tries logging in with the already registered email, it says she's not registered again.  Then, she tries to register again and it says her email is already registered.  I did not receive a new access request when she attempted to login again.

Edvaldo Lima
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2023

@Stephanie Davis 

Thanks for trying the workaround and sharing the results.

We'll resume our investigation and keep you posted via the JA support ticket on the next steps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events