Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make the drag & drop -order persistent in JA Roadmap -view

Stefan Steenvoorden June 1, 2023

While working on the long-term planning in JA Roadmap -view, I use Drag & Drop to group related Capabilities closer together. The order is however not persistent. After a refresh of the page, the order is back to its original order. 

Is there a way to make the order persistent in the JA roadmap view?

2 answers

0 votes
Rich Sparks
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2023

Do you mean grouping them in priority order (as @Peter Jessen says above) or do you mean arranging the timing of each capability?

If you want to change the timing of items, you can drag and drop those where you want them then be sure to click the "Sync" button in the upper right. Then you'll be prompted to save any time-related or health-related changes.Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 11.57.42 AM.png

Stefan Steenvoorden June 5, 2023

Hi Rich,

Thanks for responding to my request. I know about the Sync -button. But my request was more related to grouping issue types based on their mutual context (see my reaction to Peter's response). 

Gr. Stefan

0 votes
Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2023

Hi @Stefan Steenvoorden ,

The order of themes, portfolio epics, capabilities, and features on the roadmap view in Jira Align is driven by the backlog prioritization. Depending on your context filter (top grey bar - org and time dimensions) you will see different orders of the same items due to different prioritizations at the portfolio vs program level or from one PI to the next.

There is no way to persist manually rearranged sort orders. The only option that might work is to save off a detached instance.

Regards,
Peter

Stefan Steenvoorden June 5, 2023

Hi Peter,

Thanks for replying. Prioritization is, as you say, done via the JA Backlog -view. The JA Roadmap -view offers the ability to drag&drop. I.m.o. a nice way to put related Capabilities (i.e. context related, not necessarily, prioritization -related) together. Why would Atlassian offer the drag&drop feature, if the order is lost after a refresh?

Gr. Stefan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events