Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extract all the data into a file(csv/xlsx) for specific Delivery group in Jira Align?

santoshsiva February 14, 2020

How to extract all the data into a file(csv/xlsx) for specific Delivery group in Jira Align?

5 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Tina Behers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2020

It is not possible to export all data (at once) for a delivery group (aka Program) in Jira Align.  To export you must export each object level at a time.  

1) Export Concepts (Themes - Called Strategic Themes in my images) 

• Menu - Portfolio -> Concepts 

The grid view appears - Select "More Actions" (Top right) select Export ConceptsTheme.PNG

2) Export Product Bundles (Epics) 

• Menu - Portfolio - Product Bundles 

The grid view appears - Select "More Actions" (Top right) select Export Product Bundles

3) Export Capabilities 

• Menu - Planning (aka Solution) - Capabilities

The grid view appears - Select "More Actions" (Top right) select Export Capabilities

4) Export Features

• Menu - Delivery Group (aka Program) - Features

The grid view appears - Select "More Actions" (Top right) select Export Features

5) Export Stories

• Menu -  Teams - Stories 

The grid view appears - Select "More Actions" (Top right) select Export Stories

You may also export tasks, defects, Objectives, Risks and Dependencies from the appropriate grid view of each object. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rich Sparks
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2020

@Tina Behers lays it all out. And if you don't see the "More Actions | Export " option, check with your Align administrator to have them give you the system rights to export work objects.

Also, if you want to export all the work objects, make sure you haven't narrowed your context to a specific PI, and make sure you don't have any other filters set. Conversely, if you just want the objects for a specific PI or a couple PI's, you can set that in the context menu.

Ann Bouvier March 2, 2020

I am a Super Admin and I no longer see the export in the More Actions....Has something changed in the last few days?  I was able to do this on February 27th 2020.

Rich Sparks
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2020

It seems the Feature Toggle for exporting was turned off. You can go back into Administration | Roles 

Pick the Super Admin role

Go to Additional Options

and search for "Export Stories/Tasks/Features" and turn it back on.

You have to log out and log back in for it to take effect. Then you'll see the option in More Actions. 

0 votes
Christopher Lebruh August 15, 2022

Good day,

I would like to extract data from JIRA Align.

Please advise what steps I would need to do in order to achieve this? Looking for something similar to this post Solved: Fetch data from JIRA to excel (atlassian.com) but specific for JIRA Align.  

I have seen documentation on the Rest API (Getting started with the REST API 2.0 – Jira Align) but not sure how to actually connect it to Excel or Power BI.

Thank you

Kind regards

Chris

0 votes
Brent.Ahlmann March 28, 2022

Are there plans to introduce this functionality in Align? I am lead to believe so given that when you perform an extract of any issue type, the export shows tabs for each issue type; albeit all are blank with the exception of the current issue type selected. 

0 votes
camilla_g_harp April 13, 2020

Curious - why when I export a file (Risks, as an example) does it create tabs for so many other objects if there is not a way to have an export of all objects at the same time? When I'm at my highest level, the more actions field isn't even available. So, it seems I have no choice but to filter (PI program increment, team, by risks, or something else) to have the ability to export. Am I missing something? I'd like to see the entire file populated at once. I could then filter by the appropriate fields within each worksheet tab, as needed. Help please.

Tina Behers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2020

Hello Camila, 

Jira Align uses the same XML enabled excel file for all import/export of work items.  It populates the appropriate tab for each export, but always provides all tabs in the workbook. 

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "when I'm at the highest level..." but I assume you mean the strategic backlog.  Today, there is no way to export the strategic backlog.

The limit to how much data one may export at a time is strictly a limitation of using excel to create the export file. 

As noted in the thread above, it is not possible to export all items at once. 

If your organization has acquired Leo, (The BI add on) I would recommend you get with your BI team, or use Easy BI, if you have access yourself.  This method has far greater limits on what can be included for export! 

camilla_g_harp April 13, 2020

Thank you. Yes -- by the highest level, I meant that I removed all filters, as I was crossing my fingers that perhaps that was the issue. Its disappointing, as we do not have 1 place where we can see all risks across the program and cross reference them to dependencies, etc. Is what it is, I suppose.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events