Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the value of Current FTE being calculated?

Jesse Pearlman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

In the article Plan Capacity for Team and Programs it states "Important: The Use Current FTE button overrides the Planned FTEs boxes with the values from the Current FTEs boxes. Current FTEs is calculated as the average sum of allocations for the last five sprints which are related to the selected team and PI."

How is the current FTE value being calculated?  I can't find any other detail on it in the help articles, did i miss something?

Halp!  :) 

1 answer

1 vote
Aslam Cader February 24, 2021

Hi @Jesse Pearlman - The current FTEs are calculated based on the full-time team members allocated on a team and it requires those team members should have done work against the last five sprints to calculate the average sum as the current FTE.

And when planning the capacity, you may click on the Use Current FTE button to copy the current FTE values to the Planned FTE column that can be saved as the new planned FTE capacity. If you choose to adjust based on team member availability, then it would make sense to set the planned FTE separately per team.

I hope it helps.

Aslam Cader February 24, 2021

forecast-report.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events