How do we change team name on multiple stories? As teh stories moved from one board to new board.

Gyanendra_gupta January 16, 2023

We have created new Jira project and board and moving stories from another project/board. The stories are in Align but the team's name doesn't get updated.  

We can export and import the stories, but is there any other way to do it? Mass move is not and option. 

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Heidi Hendry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2023

Hi there...

If I understand your problem correctly, you have a new project in Jira Software. This project has a board. Let's call this ProjectNew and BoardNew.

Your stories are in Jira Software on ProjectOld and BoardOld.

You have moved the stories in Jira Software from ProjectOld / BoardOld over to ProjectNew / BoardNew.

You are expecting the synced Stories Team Name in Jira Align to be updated.

Question:

Are you using Custom Teams, or configuring Teams via Jira Align's Jira Connector "Jira Management" ?

Things to check

1. Is the ProjectNew  configured in Jira Align's Jira Connector "Jira Settings"

2. Is the BoardNew configured in Jira Align's Jira Connector  "Jira Management and associated with a Team?

3. Can a newly created work item in ProjectNew / BoardNew successfully synchronize into Jira Align?

If all of these things are configured correctly, then I would recommend that you log a Support Ticket via support.atlassian.com

What to add in the Support Ticket

To save time, in the ticket share screenshots of:

ProjectNew's configuration in "Jira Settings"

BoardNew's configuration in "Jira Management"

Whether you are using Custom Teams or configuring Teams through "Jira Management"

Full details of a Jira Software Story that you moved

Full detail panel of it's equivalent Jira Align Story that's showing the old Team

Name/Key of the old Project

Name/Key of the new Project

Board ID and Name of the old Board

Board ID and Name of the new Board.

(don't share these items here in Community as this is a public community)

Gyanendra_gupta January 18, 2023

Thank you.  

Gyanendra_gupta January 18, 2023

You are expecting the synced Stories Team Name in Jira Align to be updated.  YES.

Question:

Are you using Custom Teams (NO)or

configuring Teams via Jira Align's Jira Connector "Jira Management" ?   YES

YES to the following: 

Things to check

1. Is the ProjectNew  configured in Jira Align's Jira Connector "Jira Settings"

2. Is the BoardNew configured in Jira Align's Jira Connector  "Jira Management and associated with a Team?

3. Can a newly created work item in ProjectNew / BoardNew successfully synchronize into Jira Align?

I will open a support ticket.  Thanks for taking time to address the issue and giving me guidance on what to include in a ticket. :-) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events