How do I create Program Increments in JIRA.

Archana Keswani May 25, 2023

Is there a way to create Program Increments in JIRA? like Release or Sprints? the way we generate Sprint burn up and Burn down chart, I would like to generate PI level metrics. I do not want to create this using  Dash board.

thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Yuri Lapin _Release Management_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2023

Hi @Archana Keswani

Trust you are well.

I doubt you can get it out of the box. Suggestion is to use "Custom Project and Custom Program Increment Issue Type" so you can define workflow you like and specific custom properties to link encompassing sprints, maybe key Epics you will be working on and/or deliverables (releases).

Alternative is to use one of Marketplace Apps that are built for it, has a notion of Program Increment and native support for the above. In our App we allow to group Sprints from various projects, Epics, Versions (Releases) in to the Packages with own workflow. You can gain the benefit of board view with Program Increment as swimlanes as well as Roadmap/Calendar view. Check it out.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks & Kind regards,

Yuri.

Archana Keswani August 9, 2023

Thanks! Appreciate it!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events