Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get Feature Dependencies using the V2 REST API

Chad Ullman March 3, 2021

I am trying to get all the dependencies for a feature using the V2 REST API, but it doesn't look like dependency objects are exposed by the API. Does anyone know how I can get the dependency list and if not, does anyone know when this functionality will be added to the API?

Thanks

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sjoquist_ Carl August 18, 2023

Is there an update on this?  Evidently there *is* a dependencies API, just not documented...:(

Chad Ullman August 18, 2023

Hi. So far no update. The item is still in the ideation queue, it has now reached 25 upvotes, so we're still waiting.

Do you have any more details on the undocumented dependencies API? I would love to play around with it if I can

Sjoquist_ Carl November 3, 2023

Chad - Sorry, just seeing your response now - I tried this just for kicks and it worked, but I haven't tried playing with any data it returns yet.  

Simply:

/rest/align/api/2/Dependencies

Chad Ullman November 3, 2023

Thanks so much. That actually works, as I can filer the Dependencies returned based on a feature, and from that get the story list, and from the story list get the actual Jira Issue IDs I need for my report!

Sjoquist_ Carl December 18, 2023

Breaking news, the Dependency API is actually now published (and documented), as of the most recent release of Jira Align, 10.127.2 I think.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Cruth
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2021

Hi @Chad Ullman ! Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately dependencies are not accessible via API 2.0 in Jira Align at this time, and I'm not aware of where it stands on the roadmap for API 2.0 updates. 

I did check out ideation queue for Jira Align and see it's listed there, meaning you're not alone in wanting this functionality (see screenshot)

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 2.11.55 PM.png

I'd recommend signing up for an ideation account (https://ideas.jiraalign.com) and upvoting the ticket (Jira Align Product Management leverages the queue to help prioritize work). 

Hope this helps!

Chad Ullman March 10, 2021

Thanks Mark, I will upvote the ticket.  This is critical functionality for us, we've resorted to using Selenium to screen-scrape the info we need for our reports.

N Ganesh Pandian May 25, 2022

Any further update on this? whether this requirement is available in API 2.0?

Like # people like this
Sjoquist_ Carl November 15, 2023

Updates please?   Can you please publish this as a supported API?  it *is* available for intrepid developers /rest/align/api/2/Dependencies, just not documented yet...

Mark Cruth
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2023

@Kyle Foreman - any info you can provide here?

Sjoquist_ Carl December 18, 2023

Breaking news, the Dependency API is actually now published (and documented), as of the most recent release of Jira Align, 10.127.2 I think.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events