Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find the same issue in Confluence in Jira Align?

Ariana Nunez November 12, 2019

Hey everyone,

I work in an organization that uses both Confluence AND JiraAlgin. 

We mostly work out of Confluence as a team, but our SCRUM Masters work straight out of Align.

The Issue numbers are not the same in both. Is there an easy way to find the Confluence issue in Jira Align quicker? Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2019

Hi Ariana,

Thank you for the submission and welcome to the Jira Align Community.

You are correct that Jira Align and Confluence will have separate issue numbers.  There are a couple of techniques you and your team could utilize in Jira Align to access work in confluence.  Please see below:

1. Jira Align work items link to issues in Jira including Sub-Tasks, Stories, and Jira Epics.  You could click the view in Jira button on a Jira Align work item to access the corresponding Jira issue and access Confluence via an issue link directly on the Jira Issue.  Jira Align also has the ability to send Jira Web Links which can create the click from Jira to Jira Align on the Jira Isssue screen.

2. The Jira Align Global Search (Magnifying Glass in the top right corner of the product) allows users to search for work items throughout the application.  If a user knew the name of the work item they were looking for they could search for the work item using by title in the global search for direct access in Jira Align.

3. An alternative method of associating a Jira Align work item and confluence would be creating a custom field in both applications.  Users could input the URL to the corresponding Confluence Page in Jira Align and list the Jira Align URL in Confluence (It should be noted each work item in Jira Align is limited to 8 custom fields that can only be configured by a Super Admin).

4. Finally you could just add a link to Confluence or Jira Align in the general description of a Jira Align Work item or a Confluence page.

This blog will also provide additional information on the topic of linking Jira with Confluence:

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/confluence/link-jira-issues-to-confluence-pages-automatically

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you!

-Tim

Ariana Nunez November 14, 2019

Tim,

This was very helpful. It just made working out of Jira Align less scary. I didn't know you can search the Confluence # in Jira Align and it will still populate the Story or Issue (I tested it out.)

Thank you so much for the clarification!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events