Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I clear old DONE Epics from Align backlog?

Jayme Burkhalter December 29, 2021

I am exploring a way to drop DONE items from the Align backlog.  When a Portfolio Epic is completed and released, we no longer want to see it in the backlog after a given time.  Is there a way for these items to be released from the Align backlog, or to be archived in some way?  We dont want to have to manage around DONE items when managing the backlog of active projects in Align.  Is there a way to do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Cortez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2021

Hi @Jayme Burkhalter , thanks for your question.

Some users agree that the experience would be better with an additional feature to be able to view and rank backlogs of only incomplete work (not viewing any of the completed work as it is done).  This however, is not how the product was designed.

The product was designed to view the backlog in its entirety based on the context menu selections. However, this has been added to our backlog to evaluate as a feature but it's not a defect and is working as expected.

In addition to that aforementioned internal backlog, please take a look -- then upvote if you can -- on the following enhancement request:

Also, some users might find useful to tinker around filtering the Backlog page, in a multitude of ways, to produce the desired results.

Example:

• In the Feature Backlog, you can apply the following filter to prevent Accepted work items from displaying: State ≠ 5 - Accepted

Hope it helps somehow.

Jayme Burkhalter January 3, 2022

Hi @Rodrigo Cortez thank you for your response.  For some reason, I am not able to access the the iZone issue that you linked.  It tells me "not a valid group"  Is there some other way to upvote this issue?

I appreciate your suggestion to utilize filtering, however, ranking and prioritization is disabled when filtering is on so this does not help us in this situation.  We desire to have the ability to rank and prioritize a backlog of Portfolio Epics with leadership, without the noise of finished work.  Apart from moving all DONE Portfolio Epics to the bottom of the list, or into the Parking Lot, i am not seeing a way to move DONE items from the execution and decisioning space.  Eventually, this will make our backlog quite large and that is problematic.

Do you have any suggestions that would allow us to move the completed Epics out of the execution space, like in JIRA Cloud?  Is there no way to drop items from view after a certain timeframe like you can down in JIRA?

Heidi Hendry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2022

@Jayme Burkhalter 
Please try this revised link for the Idea iZone 800
iZone 800 - Ability to remove completed items from Backlog and rank items

@Rodrigo Cortez is correct, and this is how the Backlog is designed at this time.

Regards
Heidi

anish November 2, 2022

@Heidi Hendry  and @Rodrigo Cortez   applying the filter  State ≠ 5 - Accepted  hides accepted Work items from the backlog but doing also disable Ranking of Work Items while the filter is applied. How, may one hide the work item and still stack the backlog?  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events