Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add multiple tags when using a single selection filter?

Razy Kased January 24, 2022

How can I add multiple tags when using a filter? I'd like to be able to filter, at time, using multiple tags to narrow my search for Features.

I haven't found any documentation that has helped and I've tried using separators (e.g. semicolon, commas etc...) with a tag filter box but that hasn't worked as I haven't been able to return results except when using a single tag in the filter. My only alternative when using Jira Align is that I try to using multiple selection of existing fields that help narrow my selection.

Any idea if possible, if so can you share what has worked?

jiraalignfiltertags.PNG

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2022

It works for me in the Grid View of Features.  Just use "Contains" and use commas to separate.  See pics.

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 3.52.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-24 at 3.50.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-24 at 3.49.45 PM.png

Rae Gibbs
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2022

@Razy Kased I stand corrected. Thanks @Allan Maxwell ! I didn't realize that worked with tags.

Like Razy Kased likes this
Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
January 24, 2022

@Rae Gibbs you were correct in that it does not work from the little, quick-search box ...you have to go into "Filters".  So we are both correct.

Like # people like this
Georgi Gogichev February 13, 2023

@Allan MaxwellIs there a reason why your tip works for "Tags" but not for "ID"? It´s only the "contains" function? Is there a way I can use a multiple selection for fields that doesn´t support the "contains" function? 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rae Gibbs
Atlassian Team
January 24, 2022

@Razy Kased Thanks for your question! The functionality that you are looking for is not present in Jira Align. It is not possible to filter by multiple tags in Jira Align such as the Features Grid. We have seen requests from customers for more advanced queries in our in-page filters that support "and" and "or" commands but nothing has been implemented to date. If you have a strong interest in this ability, I suggest you submit an idea to the ideation portal. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Align-articles/A-guide-to-Jira-Align-s-Ideation-portal/ba-p/1309475 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events