Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you ever used Jira Align for performance assessment?

Amy Chamberlain April 25, 2023

We're looking into Jira Align as a product for integrating OKRs into Jira Software and Service Management but are curious how advanced it is at tracking individual performance against enterprise OKRs.

Has anyone used Align for this purpose, performance management? How does it compare to other PAC tools out there (or, does it)?

2 answers

1 vote
Jean Henson April 26, 2023

Hi @Amy Chamberlain,

Jira Align was created specifically to be an Enterprise Strategy tool to connect through to execution.  Jira Align does an amazing job of tracking OKRs at the Strategy through team level. Although Jira Align can measure OKRs at the individual level, it is cost prohibitive since you would need a full license for every user entering an individual OKR. 

There are other tools out there that are built specifically to track Enterprise Strategic OKRs all the way down to individual OKRs.  Some of these tools have the added ability to make individual OKRs private so that only the individual and their manager are able to see how they are performing.  Many have plugins for Jira (and I know of one that has a Jira Align plugin as well) to connect an individual's work to an OKR.

Happy to talk more about OKRs and supporting toolsets!

Cheers!

Jean Henson

Director, Business Agility | Aligned Agility, An Adaptavist Group Company

Amy Chamberlain May 1, 2023

Thanks @Jean Henson This was really helpful.

Is it safe to assume, then, that it's better to rely on other tools for performance assessment cycles?

Jean Henson May 2, 2023

Hi @Amy Chamberlain , from a cost perspective, I would.  Happy to chat in person to discuss further! Here is a link to schedule time with me: Book Time Here 

0 votes
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2023

Hi @Amy Chamberlain ,

I am interested to know more on the list of OKRs to track individual performance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events