Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get state changelog of Features & Epics from REST API

Bram Langelaar December 1, 2020

Hi all! :-)

I am looking for the state changes of Jira Align Features & Epics. However, I haven't found it in the REST API yet. 

Little bit more context:

We would like to measure the time between state changes for reporting purposes. 

Feature (left) and Epic (right) states:

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Is there some sort of parameter which can be included in the GET call? Like "/rest/align/api/2/Features?expand=changelog"? We've done the same with the JIRA API. In JIRA we've used the '?expand=changelog' parameter.

Thank you in advance! :-)

Kind regards,

Bram

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Cortez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2020

Hi Bram,

State changes in Jira Align are displayed in work items' Audit Log.  The image below shows the state change. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 09.30.09.png

The Jira Align API 2.0 has endpoints for retrieving audit logs.  They are:

• Features:  GET /align/api/2/Features/{id}/auditlog
  • Epics: GET /align​/api​/2​/Epics​/{id}​/auditlog

Find below an excerpt of the GET response body, for the Feature depicted in the image above:

(...)
{ "id": 53440, "reqId": "Req8614", "userId": "661683", "auditActivityId": 2, "auditTimeStamp": "2020-12-01T07:28:07Z", "details": "Feature (Jira Epic) Updated - <li><font class=\"fields\">Status Changed</font> - From [<font class=\"values\">1 - Ready To Start</font>] To [<font class=\"values\">2 - In Progress</font>]</li>", "auditType": "Feature", "realUserUid": null, "wmsconnectorId": null, "updatedBySystem": null }
(...)

Check Swagger on your instance, for details.  Accessible via:

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Cruth
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2020

@Bram Langelaar - thanks for reaching out! The closest we have to pulling out state changes with time stamps would be to have the API pull the audit log for a particular Feature or Epic using the following:

• /rest/align/api/2/Features/{Feature ID}/auditlog
  • /rest/align/api/2/Epics/{Epic ID}/auditlog

Each audit log entry will appear so there isn't a nice return format for what you're looking for (you'll need to write some code to splice this and grab the bits you want). Here's an example of what a state change entry might look like as a return...

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 7.28.59 AM.png

I'd say this is a great enhancement request, so I would recommend submitting an idea for this at http://ideas.jiraaalign.com (you'll need to create a free account).

If this sort of reporting is import for your organization, you may also be interested in our Enterprise Insights tool, which is our BI solution for Jira Align. The product would give you access to a curated DB that contains live data, like change history which you can pull into your own reporting tools. Here's a link to learn more: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/align/bi

Hope this helps!

Mark

0 votes
Bram Langelaar December 1, 2020

Both @Rodrigo Cortez & @Mark Cruth thank you! Good to know it's there. I already looked at the auditlog endpoint, however did not expect the state changes to be in there due to the formatting. :-)

@Mark Cruth , you mentioned the possibility to publish ideas via ideas.jiraalign.com. I've registered myself for an account. Do you know who the administrator is who can approve my access request?

Capture3.PNG

Mark Cruth
Atlassian Team
December 1, 2020

@Bram Langelaar - the Jira Align Product Management Team handles access. I've sent them a note to get your account approved, so you should hopefully get a response soon :-)

Like Bram Langelaar likes this
Bram Langelaar January 13, 2021

Hi @Mark Cruth - I am trying to login into the ideas page, however the page keeps caching. Just to make sure, is my account activated? I've registered myself with my work email address.

Mark Cruth
Atlassian Team
January 13, 2021

@Bram Langelaar - I'd recommend you attempt accessing the page using incognito mode in Chrome to see if that avoids the caching issue. Unfortunately I don't have visibility to your access ( @Rodrigo Cortez might be able to check), but I believe your account was setup and approved back in December.

Rodrigo Cortez
Atlassian Team
January 13, 2021

Hi @Bram Langelaar 

I can see two Ideation user requests which seems that belong to you -- one from a Gmail account and another one from a corporate account.

The later is enable (meaning you should be able to log in by using it) while Gmail is disable.  We don't typically allow non-corporate accounts to log in to the Ideation portal.  Please let me know how it goes.

If still you have issues, feel free to raise a Support case to the Jira Align queue and I'll grab it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events