cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Features ParentID in API Reponse

Rafal Walisko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 5, 2024

I have a question about the 'parentID' field within the 'features' of the API response. In some cases, this 'parentID' corresponds to an Epic ID, while in others, it represents a Capability ID. Is there any other field or method in the API response that can be used to extract information about whether a particular 'parentID' for a feature pertains to an Epic or a Capability?

Your insights on how to distinguish between the two would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Francois Panaget
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2024

Hi Rafal,

If you use the expand parameter (https://{{site-url}}/rest/align/api/2/features?id={id}&expand=true), you will be able to get the"parentEpic" or "parentCapability" information.
This could help you distinguish the type of Parent the Feature is associated with.

Here is an exampleAPI-FeatureParentEpic.jpg

I hope that will help.

Thanks and Regards, François

Rafal Walisko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 7, 2024

Hi Francois, now I can see it :). Thank you!

Like Francois Panaget likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events