Deactivate Users in Jira Align

Pradeep Nair April 25, 2023

Are there any settings in Jira Align which has to be configured so that the system user gets deactivated automatically once the corresponding user in Jira is deactivated?

I am keen to understand the "Team role" and "system role" deactivation and sync-up process when working in an integrated setup (integration with Jira)

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Matt Magee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2023

Hi Pradeep,

While there isn't a configurable function in Jira Align to integrate deactivation of users in your LDAP, I know it can be done through the JA API, with scripting triggered from your LDAP Server. 

The following community article provides a detailed explanation of how to "Provision a User" in just this manner, and I suspect with a few tweaks it could be used to decommision a user as well.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Align-articles/Jira-Align-API-User-Management-Part-1-How-we-used-API-for-user/ba-p/2252266

1 vote
Heidi Hendry April 26, 2023

Hi Pradeep,

Matt Magee is correct that there is no configuration in Jira Align to integrate deactivation of users, whether from Activie Directory, LDAP or the corresponding Jira Software.

Matt Magee has also directed you to the right article to help with the deprovisioning/deactivating of a user

You will see in Step 6, that we used Jira Align's REST API to custom build both provisioning and deprovisioning of Jira Align for the Atlassian internal Jira Align.

You can search the article for this phrase to find the right section of code.

isLocked=-1 means that the user will be deactivated

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events