Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create dependencies between Features

Linda Redgate January 26, 2023

In Jira Align I have an epic with many features assigned to multiple programs.  I need to create dependencies between these features in different programs.

Is this possible?

If so, How?

1 answer

1 vote
Rae Gibbs
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2023

@Linda Redgate Dependencies in Jira Align represent work that one team needs from another in order to complete their work for a given feature. A dependency would be created against that team's (requesting team) feature for the other team (depends on team) to deliver the work needed to complete that feature. Once the dependency is committed to, the depends on team will link the specific stories to that dependency that will resolve the dependency. This could be stories associated with the same feature or a different feature. When the stories are linked, the parent feature will also be displayed. Screenshot provided below.

In the below example, the first feature is the feature that the requesting team filed the dependency against. The second callout has the story that the depends on team linked with the respective feature listed above it.

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 9.51.54 AM.jpg

If the situation is Feature A needs to be done before Feature B, then that is not a dependency. That is sequencing.

Linda Redgate January 30, 2023

I understand how dependencies work and use them all the time.  I will need to implement sequencing

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events