It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can Jira Server (On-Prem) and Jira Align be integrated?

Can Jira Server (On-Prem) and Jira Align be integrated?

Would Jira Server pose any challenges compared to Jira Cloud?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Vinay Sharma ,

@Deepanshu_Natani is correct, Jira Server (On-Prem) can be integrated with Jira Align (cloud), as long as the service account Jira Align needs to connect to Jira is granted the credentials/rights to get through any firewalls and other security measures.

As long as users in your organization can reach the on-prem Jira Server, and it's possible to configure a service account int eh same way, then this is possible.

The non-technical issue is whether your organization will allow a cloud-based solution to interface with an on-prem solution. There are organizations that require systems like Jira and Jira Align to be on-prem for security/sensitivity reasons. One (hypothetical) example would be Swiss Banks, or think government agencies with sensitive information. I do know of other clients requiring all systems to be on-prem that are neither of those cases.

To my knowledge (90+% sure, but I could be wrong), there may be an on-prem version of Jira Align available to clients that meet specific criteria. I'll wait for one of the Jira Align team members to confirm that either way.

Regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter for the detailed response

Yes it would be interesting to know that if Jira Align (On-Prem) is available to use? Need confirmation from Atlassian.

Regards,

Vinay Sharma

Rich_Sparks Atlassian Team Jan 22, 2020

Peter, you're right. There is an on-prem version of Jira Align available, but it's offered at a price premium. You should contact your EA about it.

0 votes

Yes, Jira Align can be integrated with Jira Server.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Align

SAFe 5.0 announced! Let's discuss!

Last week in San Diego, Scaled Agile Inc announced the latest version of their SAFe framework (SAFe 5.0).  It was an awesome reveal and I'm curious what you all think about the new framework and...

889 views 11 10
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you