Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Jira Server (On-Prem) and Jira Align be integrated?

Vinay Sharma January 14, 2020

Can Jira Server (On-Prem) and Jira Align be integrated?

Would Jira Server pose any challenges compared to Jira Cloud?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2020

Hi @Vinay Sharma ,

@Deepanshu Natani is correct, Jira Server (On-Prem) can be integrated with Jira Align (cloud), as long as the service account Jira Align needs to connect to Jira is granted the credentials/rights to get through any firewalls and other security measures.

As long as users in your organization can reach the on-prem Jira Server, and it's possible to configure a service account int eh same way, then this is possible.

The non-technical issue is whether your organization will allow a cloud-based solution to interface with an on-prem solution. There are organizations that require systems like Jira and Jira Align to be on-prem for security/sensitivity reasons. One (hypothetical) example would be Swiss Banks, or think government agencies with sensitive information. I do know of other clients requiring all systems to be on-prem that are neither of those cases.

To my knowledge (90+% sure, but I could be wrong), there may be an on-prem version of Jira Align available to clients that meet specific criteria. I'll wait for one of the Jira Align team members to confirm that either way.

Regards,

Peter

Vinay Sharma January 14, 2020

Thanks Peter for the detailed response

Yes it would be interesting to know that if Jira Align (On-Prem) is available to use? Need confirmation from Atlassian.

Regards,

Vinay Sharma

Rich Sparks
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2020

Peter, you're right. There is an on-prem version of Jira Align available, but it's offered at a price premium. You should contact your EA about it.

Ahmed_A_ June 7, 2020

Dear @Rich Sparks , can you please confirm if this is still true? I haven't contacted our EA, just wondering if the information is still valid.

Many thanks.

Rich Sparks
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2020

This is still true. An on-premise version of Align is available, but it costs more than the more commonly used cloud version.

sanan sanan August 12, 2020

Hello Rich,

We are evaluating Jira Align to be used with our On-premise Jira software. And came across this community page...

We ofcourse too have some security related concerns and would like to know more as how and where we can find information about pricing and other details about on-premise Jira Align. And is there any evaluation license for it so we can evaluate it with more confidence.

Regards

sanan

Rich Sparks
Atlassian Team
August 12, 2020

There isn't an evaluation license for Align, but you can evaluate it for functionality by signing up for a Launchpad instance. Launchpad is a fully-functional demo instance that you can use for a limited period of time. You can sign up for it here (if you haven't already.) https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/align

When you sign up, someone will get in touch with you to give you more info about pricing. 

sanan sanan August 13, 2020

Hello Rich, 

I had submitted the get in touch query form yesterday...

but have not contacted yet...do you know any timeline they need to contact me.

I will really like to know that will Jira align on premise installation provide same, less or more functionality than cloud based one. And, what will be mode of available support and maintenance from Atlassian for on-premise Jira Allign

Regards

sanan

Rich Sparks
Atlassian Team
August 13, 2020

The team usually gets back in a day or two. I can follow up with them.

The on-premise software is exactly the same as the cloud-based software. It has all the same functionality. Support is a bit more complicated, since your team will have to do all the installation and configuration. We have releases every two weeks, and those are available for download a few days after the cloud release. Our contracts require you to keep within a few versions of the most current release because it is difficult to provide support if you're on obsolete versions.

If you have a problem that requires analysis of your environment, you'll have to provide someone who can show the Atlassian Solution Architect or Support team the configuration of your system.

sanan sanan August 13, 2020

Thank you Rich. 

I will wait for them to contact us.

Regards

Sanan

1 vote
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2020

Yes, Jira Align can be integrated with Jira Server.

Derek Wailes February 8, 2021

Can this be CLoud to Cloud?

sanan sanan February 8, 2021

@Derek Wailes 

as far as I know . Jira Align being a cloud solution favors Jira cloud much more than Jira server for integration. our Jira Align vendor tried to convince us so much to make us migrate to Jira Cloud...but we asked them will they share the cost difference...and then they not talked about it again... haha..

so the answer to your query is yes and easier...

:)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events