Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best method to migrate a JIRA Cloud workflow to another JIRA Cloud instance

Geoffrey Bagot May 25, 2021

Dear Atlassian Community,

I would like to migrate a JIRA Cloud Workflow to another JIRA Cloud Instance. That would be too long to reproduce the Workflow. 

I understand that until a few weeks ago, it was possible to upload a workflow as an app on the MarketPlace (the app could be public or remain private) then import from the marketplace in a new JIRA instance.

That is no longer possible unless the app is server compatible and public. But I can't make my workflow public.

Any one has a workaround to migrate a JIRA Cloud Workflow to another JIRA Cloud instance?

Thanks! Geoffrey

2 answers

0 votes
Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2021

May I ask what kind of monster of a workflow you have created that can not easily be recreated on a different instance?

The worst one I have seen had around 30 statuses and a few hundred transitions, which of course is absurd since we build workflows, not state diagrams. Still, that took around 30 minutes to set up because it also had some post functions and trigger to add.

I am not asking to criticize, just because I am curious to see what beasts people are creating out there :)

Geoffrey Bagot October 31, 2021

Hi @Jimi Wikman ,

I have found this video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7VYuUekrVo

That is a perfect workaround for what I need. 

Thank you for your comments.

Best regards, Geoffrey

0 votes
Tom O'Connor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2021

@Geoffrey Bagot You posted this question in the JIRA ALIGN community area.  You may get better response if you post your question in the JIRA community question area found here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/qa-p/jira-software-questions

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events