Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average Time in Process Flow

Mihai Gheorghe August 30, 2023

Dear community,

I have created a couple of process flows at value stream level for different programs/ trains (Program A, Program B, etc.), through we are trying to measure Lead time and Cycle time on our Features (program level)

Those process flows are using the default statuses available in Jira Align as follows: Process step -> Jira Align status

Pending Approval -> 0 - Pending Approval

Ready to start -> 1 - Ready To Start

In Progress -> 2 - In Progress

Dev Complete -> 3 - Dev Complete

Test Complete -> 4 - Test Complete

Accepted -> 5 - Accepted

I'm having issues understanding reports based on the collected data.

I'm trying to use report called: Process Flow Cycle Time. In this report i'm not able to understand two things.

1st thing: Under the first graph called Process Flow Cycle Time (date range)

- How Average time in process flow is calculated ? (is a small rectangle below displayed graph)

2nd thing: In the same report, in the first graph called Process Flow cycle Time (date range)

- Why average time in each step is incrementing by a number each day that pass by when range is some fixed dates in the past?. 

Eg. I have read yesterday for Ready to strat column Average time in step and it was 47.7 days and selected period was (17/05/23 - 08/08/23) no PI was selected.

I have read today for Ready to start column Average time in step and it was 48.07 days and selected period was (17/05/23 - 08/08/23) no PI was selected.

Hope someone will be able to help me with this issue.

thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2023

Were you able to resolve this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events