Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these two similar scenarios same from an Agile management perspective?

Rishabh Kochhar October 14, 2022

Are these two similar scenarios same from an Agile management perspective?

Scenario 1: For a new product, enabling Jira Align for everything above the pod level (only the Team/Pod level uses Jira), while other levels (Product, Portfolio, and Enterprise) use Jira Align;

Different teams would be onboarded to each of these versions of Jira

Scenario 2: A fresh instance when we use Jira and Jira Align, integrated with each other, from scratch across the enterprise

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tom O'Connor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2022

@Rishabh Kochhar I'm not exactly sure if I fully understand your question but I'll try to answer.

Scenario 1:  If a new product means new teams aligned under a single program/ART, then yes.  Teams would reside in Jira and POs or PMs and higher (strategy) would reside in Jira Align.  

Scenario 2: Be careful as we don't want to create a new Jira instance for every new product or sets of teams.  This is where, if you are flowing work to the teams, aka a new product which relates to stories, features, epics to develop, then you may not want to necessarily go and create a new Jira instance (more API integration calls).

Refer to this page for some additional Jira/Jira Align integration details.  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Align-articles/Jira-Align-and-Jira-Integration-Best-Practices-and-FAQ-Table-of/ba-p/1253497

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events