Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

502 Server Error

Brady Lin July 27, 2022
POST /rest/api/2/search502 BadGatewayJira
<html><head> <title>502 Server Error</title> </head> <body text=#000000 bgcolor=#ffffff>

Error: Server Error

The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.

Please try again in 30 seconds.

</body></html>

What do you do to resolve this error above? It keeps running non-stop.

• Jira is working
  • Feature syncs over to Jira
  • Epic fails to sync to Jira Align
    • In the audit log, it'll say "No changes were pulled in from Jira because there is a Jira Align update waiting to be pushed to Jira."

2 answers

0 votes
Heidi Hendry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2022

Hi Brady 
That error can be caused by a few different causes. Please can you log a support ticket so that we can help you investigate it?

Brady Lin July 28, 2022

Hi Heidi, my Atlassian account is not associated with our Jira Align license, so I'm not able to contact support.

Now it's gotten worse that I'm getting 500 server error trying to access Jira Align.

Brady Lin July 28, 2022

Sorry, I guess that's not true. I can still select from the other selection list. Opening a ticket.

Here's the ticket -> https://support.atlassian.com/requests/ALIGNSP-14950/

0 votes
Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2022

You might try setting to "Yes", the Admin -> Jira Settings - > Jira Setup Tab -> Allow Jira to Overwrite Data flag.  "It is usually set to No. Select Yes to allow the Jira data to overwrite the Jira Align data when the data is changed at the same time and there is a conflict."  You can set it back to "No" if the error goes away. 

Brady Lin July 27, 2022

I've turned it on for a while now, but the 502 server error is still happening every 30 sec. I did see a new epic created from Jira synced over to Jira Align. However, the feature I was waiting for the update for still says "No changes were pulled in from Jira because there is a Jira Align update waiting to be pushed to Jira."

Heidi Hendry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2022

Hi Brady,

Regarding this error:
"No changes were pulled in from Jira because there is a Jira Align update waiting to be pushed to Jira."

It's difficult to say exactly why you are getting this error without digging into the Feature and it's Audit Log, and it's equivalent Jira Epic and History.

I suggest you log a second Support ticket, and share screenshots and/or copy/paste of the JA Audit Log and the Jira Epic History.

Other information to include in the Support Ticket:

1. Was there a Team move involved?

If an integrated Team was moved and there are work items left behind this can cause that error.

2. Was the Primary Program changed in Jira Align but not in Jira?

3. Was the work item restored from the Recycle Bin?

If it was the Program change, then you can also try:

1. Move the Story in Jira Align back to the original Program.

2. Allow the synchronisation from Jira Align to Jira to occur. (you can confirm this by making a small change in another field)

3. Allow the synchronisation from Jira  to Jira Align to occur. (you can confirm this by making a small change in another field)

4. Move the Story in Jira to the Program where you want it.

I'm sure that someone in the Support team will get back to you quickly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events