Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you plan for growth or when do you see yourself being large enough to use Jira Align?

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2020

I'm currently working in an Enterprise Environment, but a smaller scale instance, which has very suddenly started to explode with growth. With more products being developed for large scale environments, how do you plan for when it is best to start implementing products like Jira Align, getting a bit ahead of your growth curve?

2 comments

Sean Wood February 11, 2020

I too would like to know the answer to this

Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2020

Hi @Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_ and @Sean Wood ,

That is a great question.

As a rough rule of thumb, when you are scaling to a level equivalent to a SAFe Agile Release Train (50 - 125 total team and leadership) then you are probably ready to start looking at Jira Align.

• If you look at the Jira Align Pricing page you will immediately see the smallest package quoted is for 150 users - 30 active Jira Align users and 120 integrated users.
    • An active user is someone using Jira Align - think Scrum Master, Product Owner and "above," such as executives, product managers, epic owners, business leads, RTEs/program managers, PMO/LACE.
    • An integrated user is a development team member or anyone using Jira (or Azure DevOps) who does not access Jira Align, but whose data syncs with Jira Align for roll-ups.

When I work with clients implementing Jira Align, we'll train and launch the first train/program, then launch additional trains/programs on a rolling basis.

• I would never recommend a big-bang, all-at-once approach to implementing Jira Align.
  • Ideally, you want your pilot train/program to act as ambassadors and light-weight user coaches for the additional trains you launch later.
  • Your pilot train will also provide feedback on initial configuration and allow for fine-tuning prior to adding more trains.
  • Over time you can add more trains in quicker succession, because of the existing base of trained users who can then aid the new trains being on-boarded.

This more detailed post, Transitioning From Portfolio to Align, on Jira Align Adoption may also be of interest.

Regards,
Peter

Like # people like this
Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2020

@Peter Jessen 
Thanks for the reply.  this is great information, especially the roll out!

Like Peter Jessen likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events