Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Jira Align Framework Maps

What Am I Doing Here?

As there are already many sources of Jira Align knowledge that continue to expand (reference my previous article for example), I’m planning to start creating more “Opinion / Editorial” type articles based on my own experiences that may not necessarily represent a consensus view across Atlassian or other Solution Architects. My hope is to engage with some potential less traditional dialogue sources for me that will help advance the thinking around Jira Align.

What Is This Article Actually About?

Jira Align is a deep & wide platform with opportunities galore to customize the user experience.  Many times in the absence of comprehensive training, functionality described in Jira Align Zendesk Help like Framework Maps might be overlooked. 

In some cases, a client insists on utilizing the full standard menu options in Jira Align, such as Enterprise, Portfolio, or Program menus.  At the same time, their user experience can seem overwhelming depending on role permission policies. 

Jira Align’s Framework Maps offer a unique custom “Portal” opportunity to provide users with an underappreciated option to create specialized visuals and menu selections. 

• This is an enterprise wide view, so it does not apply any top row filters selected.
  • Any user that has a Jira Align “System Role” with the Framework Map permission bit enabled can edit the Framework Map page.  So it is important that users with access are trained to understand impacts from making edits.
  • Be sure to add Step Links to the desired module.  Alternatively, leverage the Video/Ext Link option to point to an external site or even a deep internal link inside Jira Align where a specific filter of Portfolio/Program and/or Program Increment(s) is needed. 

Although even the name “Framework Maps” implies reference to a specific Agile practices framework, the ability to customize the user experience can be even more useful for organizing your own pathways to areas of Jira Align. 

Some Atlassian Partners have even created custom Framework Maps to reflect their unique practices model, which then connects directly to targeted pages of Jira Align.

Below I've shared some sample creations used with clients looking to create a simple path into common areas.  I typically use PowerPoint and save the file as a single page JPEG or PNG.  Once the image page is uploaded, add Interactive Section pointers as appropriate.  

Have you had any specific approaches leveraging Framework Maps for your user base that have been helpful? 

DEPENDENCY DASHBOARD

dependencies clean.png

Portfolio Level Dashboard.png

CONNECTED ENTERPRISE.png

DAY-IN-THE-LIFE PRACTICES

dAY IN THE LIFE2.png

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events