One way to create a Jira Service Account (to use with Jira Align) with the correct permissions is to first create a group and assign it the correct permission scheme.
1. Navigate to Administration > User management > Groups.
2. Add group. In the example, I used "jira-service-acct" as the Group Name.
3. Navigate to Administration > Issues > Permission Schemes.
4. Click Add permission scheme.
5. Grant the permissions according to this chart.
6. Navigate to Administration > User management > Users. Click Create user.
7. Navigate to Administration > User management > Groups. Click Edit members next to your Jira Service Account Group name.
8. Type in the Service Account username in the Add members to selected group(s) field and click Add selected users.
James McCulleyAtlassian Team
Hello Jira Align customers! In order to better serve you on your journey with Jira Align, the Community team has worked with the Jira Align team to curate the content in this collection to better s...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events