Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict request type for customers

Sid Yadav June 7, 2017

Is there a way for us to restrict Request Types for specific customers within the same Project? I have two organizations that request IT work from us, but one organizations only needs help Requests on hardware and the other only on software. When they see the customer portal, I don't want them to see both options for hardware and software. Only for what they are looking for. Can this be done?

7 answers

4 votes
Allan Libby September 10, 2018

Is this still not possible with stock Service Desk?  It seems like a basic function to me.

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2019

I agree but it only works for server instance if you on the cloud the only way to do this is to create a second Service Desk project and add the people to that project. You can migrate your current stuff from one project to the other just by reapplying it from X project to Y project. 

3 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2017

Hi,

We have the same requirement.  Unfortunately the only way I could resolve it was to use an add-on; Extensions for Service Desk. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.intenso.jira.plugins.jsd-extender/server/overview

There is a feature request too I believe if you want to vote it up:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-195

1 vote
Tom Jones [Appsvio]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 11, 2020

Hi, I'm a new vendor on the Marketplace so sorry for the little marketing here :) We have our own Feature Bundle for Jira Service Management with a nice feature called Dynamic Request Type. With it, you can base visibility on groups/project roles/language/time zone/SLA calendar or a number of issues returned by given JQL. Hope you all will find it useful. 

Cheers, 

Mike Harvey May 23, 2020

Not for cloud.

Dana Gould April 13, 2021

@Tom Jones [Appsvio] 

Any plans on your end to make the Dynamic Request Type feature available to Cloud customers? 

Tom Jones [Appsvio]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 13, 2021

Hi, 

No plants at this moment as Atlassian doesn't have released the ability to set the visibility for the request types. We can't do much here without Atlassian's help, sorry for that.

Cheers, 

fishern October 8, 2021

@Tom Jones [Appsvio] any updates on getting this feature to work on Cloud? very much needed. Even if you have a vote option submitted to Atlassian we can vote on that would be appreciated. 

1 vote
Melanie Pasztor January 15, 2019

This would be great to have, among other functionality and configurations, with cloud Service Desk. 

0 votes
Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2019

Make a second Service Desk Project. so X project can be hardware and Y project can be software. Name them what is applicable for your space. The only way to get a round this is to add a new project. I have tried and even tried the add-ons nothing works so I was suggested to make a second project and add customers to the project that they are needing to be a part of. 

So you can have a Hardware Service Desk and Software Service Desk. If you have workflows and screens and schemes and issue types you can just migrate them to the next project or you can share those with both projects. This is the only way I was able to do this same thing. Hope this helps.

0 votes
Madhu Reddy October 30, 2018

@KatarzynaIs it possible to restrict request types based on Customers,Organizations.

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
October 30, 2018

@Madhu Reddy directly you can't define which request type will be visible for which organisation. But you can synchronise organisations with your Jira groups automatically and thanks to this achieve what you need. This synchronisation is also available in our app. But this feature is only for server hosting.

Allan Libby October 30, 2018

The short answer is "no"  you cannot do what you want.  The only way we have been able to figure this out is to make a different Service Desk project and restrict that one to certain groups.

@KatarzynaHow to synchronize organizations with groups. And if it was done, can we restrict the request types ?

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
October 30, 2018

Using our app Extension for Jira Service Desk, you can do it in the User synchronisation section in Admin configuration. Please follow this link: https://deviniti.com/support/addon/server/extension/latest/user-sync/

When your Jira group is ready, you can set visibility of specific request type for Jira groups under the Project settings in your service desk project (web item: Visibility, tab: Request Types).

@KatarzynaInstalled Extension for JSD, Here I only found option to restriction for groups, Not for organization.

@Katarzyna

@KatarzynaI have created one customer with email id. 

He was directly added to users, and my user count increased by one. will it increases my user license count ?

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
October 30, 2018

Customers are not added to your license. But if they are added to users, they use your license.

Yes, it's true. You can't set restriction for organisation. But you can configure synchronisation between organisation and groups. So technically they will be the same: visibility for group will work as for organisation.

@KatarzynaIn my JSD, Customer is added to users.

That means he takes a licensed user count ?

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
October 30, 2018

Yes, because they are users.

@Katarzynaok, but some X from your team suggests that the users from jira-software-users group only counts as Licensed users.

And Users from Jira-servicedesk-users group will counts as service desk users.

Please make a clarified note on it.

Tóth_Roland_Richárd September 25, 2019

@Katarzyna  Hi

Custom Scheduled Syncronization not working just direct synchronization

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
September 25, 2019

@Tóth_Roland_Richárd Hi, It's difficult to help you without any logs and additional information. Please create ticket on our Customer Portal: https://deviniti.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1 I hope that our support team will solve your problem :)

0 votes
Katarzyna Pawlak March 1, 2018

Hi @Sid Yadav,

I'm from InTENSO. You can solve this problem using our app Extension for JSD. We offer a functionality named Visibility. In Request Types tab, you can select which request types will be visible for selected groups of users. Please read our documentation

Get a 30-day trial from Marketplace. In case of any question, don't hesitate to ask our support team.

Best regards,

Katarzyna

Deleted user July 26, 2018

This is only avaialble for the server installation. Do Atlassian have anything similar product for Cloud installation customer?

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
July 26, 2018

Currently, we offer only an app for server. We've already started development cloud version but we need time to release a first version. 

Btw. I added tag "cloud" to your post.

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2019

@Katarzyna Katarzyna Is there a release date the cloud version.

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
June 11, 2019

Hello, cloud version of Extension for Jira Service Desk is available on the Atlassian Marketplace. But features in this app, in comparison with server version, are limited due to technical limitations. For example, visibility is not available.

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2019

@Katarzyna Can we use this to restrict issue types from groups of users. For instance I have two issue types on our portal. One is for general service desk ticket, the other is for managers. I would like that all managers can only see the for managers ticket forms and the general for all other customers. Is this possible with this app?

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
June 13, 2019

@Aaron Geister in Jira Cloud this option is not available due to technical limitations.

Dana Gould April 13, 2021

@Katarzyna Balancing the previously stated technical limitations on with Atlassian's hard push towards their Cloud products, is there any update or plan to revisit Visibility for Cloud? 

Thanks!

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
April 14, 2021

Hi @Dana Gould ,

Unfortunately, we still don't have any options to implement this feature. We're waiting  for Atlassian. If only we release this functionality, I will put information here.

fishern October 8, 2021

@Katarzyna any updates on a cloud option to limit request types? 

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
October 8, 2021

Hi @fishern!

Unfortunately, we still don't have any technical possibilities to develop this feature.

There is a feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-195

Please vote it up. But as you can see, it was created in 2013... 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events