Can't create a Service Desk Project

Ise Mileva June 7, 2017

Hello,

I'm testing Jira Software and Service Desk right now.
I started by installing Jira Software and creating a Software project on it without any difficulty.
But today I wanted to add Jira Service Desk. So I added it via the Applications & Licences. 
Now I can see the empty Service Desks projects list, but when I try to create a new project, I only have software and business projects.
I tried installing Jira Service Desk on another Server without Software, and there I can create Service Desks projects.
Can someone help me find what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks by advance.

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2017

Is your admin account (you?) able to use Service Desk?  I mean, does it have the right permissions - in the applications list, there should be a group or groups with application access for SD, are you in one of thoose groups?

Ise Mileva June 7, 2017

Thanks for the fast answer !
I can't create as admin so I tried adding another user to the group 'jira-servicedesk-user' but he can't create service desk projects too.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2017

To create a project, you have to be an admin.  You should not have to be a service-desk user to create a SD project, but it does mean you will be able to see and config the project when it is created.

So, when you say "I can't create", what exactly do you mean?  When you create a project, what options do you get in the "project type" dialogue?  Do you mean the Service Desk ones are missing, or that they are there but give you an error or do nothing when used?

Ise Mileva June 7, 2017

The Service Desk are missing.
I only have Software and Business.
jira.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2017

Hmm.  That's odd, as I can see the Service Desk type in the background, which tells me the main application is enabled.

It looks like the project creation templates may have been disabled somehow, but there are other things that it could be. 

Can you try:

• Go to an existing project (a temporary new one if you want) and try to change its type.  I don't need to test that the change works, just that you are offered Software/Business/Service-Desk
  • Reading the logs for errors when you pop up the create project box
  • Disabling and re-enabling JSD, after checking the display of it for any warnings or errors

Ise Mileva June 9, 2017

Thanks for the help. Finally we had to rollback Jira and when I re Installed it, this time it worked ...
I don't know what was the problem but I don't have it anymore.

Developers Chrobrus July 2, 2017

I've got the same issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2017

What have you done to try to fix it?

Developers Chrobrus July 2, 2017

I've already reinstalled JSD (from Admin->Applications)

Shawn July 28, 2017

I have the same issue as well.   I had an older version working.  Upgraded Jira.  Upgraded Jira Service Desk.  Things were not working right (couldn't create a jsd ticket).  Uninstalled JSD.  Reinstalled JSD.  Now can't create JSD project. 

Basem Abdulrahem August 14, 2017

I have the same problem But I reinstalled and install it manytimes with no luck.

I still can't create a project from the service desk type.

jsdproject.PNG

Gairat Rakhimbaev October 13, 2017

Have the same sympthoms guys, this helped me https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/service-desk-installed-but-not-enabled-found-dependent-enabled-plugins-for-plugin-800703376.html 

I did not have these records at all, so I inserted the aforementioned plugins to my database and restarted JIRA

Like georgia.baker likes this
apator_telemetria May 17, 2018

Check database charset settings. In MySQL must be utf8-bin.

Like andrey.demidov likes this
1 vote
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2020

Hi all,

Yeah, struggled to find this too but got there... You need to go to the Next Gen Project > Project settings > Advanced and then opt for the Classic SD option and provide feedback as to why you want to use it.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Wow, this is crazy.   I actually used your suggestion because probably some kind of bug in Jira Cloud relating to having a Jira Service Desk subscription with Core or Software, it was no longer allowing me to create a JSD project of any kind.    Your answer fixed my problem.

Thanks for posting this solution.

1 vote
Aymeric Deloche February 11, 2020

Hi, 

I am quite new to Jira and its tools and I had the same problem : I could only pick Software and Business projects templates. 

To bypass it I did the following steps :

- Click on "Switch To.." on the bottom left on the screen, and reclick Jira Service Desk even if you are already on it

- Create New Project, "Try a next-gen project"

-Pick General Service Desk (equivalent to the internal one) or any type of Service Desk you desire

And voilà, you have your Service Desk.

Derek Hanson February 27, 2020

Thank you for this suggestion!!   

Christian Methfessel September 29, 2020

Thank you! The ServiceDesk Projects are indeed only available as "Next Gen" Projects!

0 votes
Mitrol August 13, 2019

hi, I have the same problem and I already desistale it and install again. would you have any solution?

Cloud Services September 12, 2019

I am seeing the same issue. Uninstall/reinstall of the JSD application is not fixing it, using Jira Core 8.3.3, Jira Software 8.3.3 and Jira Service Desk 4.3.3

I don't see why this issue has been marked as 'solved'? 

There is no apparent resolution described here. The link to another page is also now dead.

Like flykker1986 likes this
Tech Orders October 25, 2019

Same issues here, I was able to get the existing boards back as we had JSD installed a long time ago, uninstalled it, it didn't get upgraded. Now running 8.3.3 and JSD 4.3.3

I can't create a new project AND there is no customer / organization buttons to add people to the JSD instance.

Definitely broke as a joke.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events