Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud JIRA and Confluence Authenticating failure

Skip Sailors March 19, 2018

I have a Cloud JIRA and a Cloud Confluence.  When I am in a Confluence page I can insert a JIRA issue.  I can type the JIRA number and it makes a link as expected.  When I go back to the JIRA page, there is a link that says "Page" that goes back to the Confluence page, as expected.  By the link, where I expect the title of the Confluence page to appear, I see, instead, "Authenticate to see additional information..."

I obviously have some of the authentication configured, but am missing something.  I go to the Adminsitration | Applications | Application Links form.  There I see that the link to confluence system has a red "CONFIG ERROR" on its row.   I hit the pencil.  I see the Outgoing is OAuth and the Incoming is OAuth (impersonation)  The error message says that I have to make them both the same.  OK.

I select OAuth for both and hit save.  I refresh the page and the incoming reverts to OAuth (Impersonation).  I select OAuth (Impersonation) for both, and Save, and refresh, and the outgoing reverts to OAuth.  I am now confused.  Can you help unconfuse me?  What do I do to make the protocols consistent?

2 answers

0 votes
thais
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2018

Hi, Skip,

We would need some further information, together with some tests that would need to be made on your instance, in order to troubleshoot.

Because of that, we kindly ask you to raise a ticket with us at Support: https://support.atlassian.com/contact.

Thanks!

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2018

I would try deleting the application link on both sides and recreating it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events