Introducing a new & improved Jira integration experience 🎉

TL;DR: Next week, we're rolling out a brand spanking new Jira integration experience and there could be an opportunity for you to save money on your next Halp bill. đź’¸

035610e7-5243-42cd-b67e-6ba71aec22d2.png

We know that connecting Jira and Halp can be challenging, so we’ve completely reworked and simplified the integration process for you, cutting setup time by more than half. 🎉

Some highlights:

• Queue-level Jira integrations: Instead of adding each project and request/issue type at the global level, each project will now be assigned to its own Halp queue. Once you’ve connected a Jira site, you can add a specific project to your queue from queue settings.

• Eliminating Jira syncing recipes: You no longer need recipes to sync ticket creation! When you select your request/issue types, we’ll now ask you which direction you want tickets created in: from Slack/Teams into Jira, from Jira into Slack/Teams, or both.

• Moving from Jira statuses to Jira transitions: We've removed the need to upload XML workflows into each request/issue type. We now fetch transitions directly from Jira, and only show eligible types in Halp. We also automatically pull all your statuses into the queue, so there’s no need to manually add them.

• Automatically creating your fields and forms: When connecting a project to your queue, you’ll be asked to select the request types you want to use with Halp. We'll automatically pull in and sync all fields on your selected type’s create screen, as well as create a form in Halp that matches your form in Jira.

Halp customers connected to Jira

Since the new integration experience won’t have feature parity quite yet, existing integration customers will remain on the legacy setup for until you choose to opt in.

We’re excited to get you all migrated over ASAP, however there are a few things to note about the new version before you decide to make the switch so none of your workflows are disturbed:

• For now, you will not be able move tickets in or out of Jira-enabled queues.

• You will not be able to set a custom emoji per queue to populate forms in bot-less channels, or request channels connected to a different queue.

• Jira statuses will not be editable via a Halp recipe.

Frequently Asked Questions

How does this affect my bill?

If you’re a paid Jira Service Management (cloud) user, this change can potentially save you money on your next Halp bill! Once you’ve completed this migration, any Halp agents that are only members of (or assigned to) Jira Service Management-enabled queues will now be eliminated from your Halp billing. You'll have the option to reallocate those Halp seats to other teams, or wait until your next billing period to see your Halp bill reduced. At the end of the billing period, the number of seats on your account will automatically adjust to include only the number of agents using non-paid JSM (cloud) Halp queues.

Does anything change in Jira Service Management?

Alongside this change, Jira Service Management is launching a Slack-native ticketing experience (Microsoft Teams coming soon), powered by Halp. This feature will allow you to set up Halp queues directly from your Jira Service Management project settings! Beta coming soon 🙂

Can I use this with Jira Software?

Yes you can! We reference request types in the queue settings, but this also allows Jira Software issue types. You can follow the same set up steps provided for Jira Cloud. Queues connected to Jira Software Projects will require a paid Halp agent seat.

Can I use this with Jira Server/Datacenter?'

You bet! The only step that differs from Jira cloud set up is the site authentication piece. You can follow set up instructions here. Queues connected to Jira Server/Datacenter Projects will require a paid Halp agent seat.

Can I add Halp custom fields to my Jira-connected queue?

No, we are moving all customization for Jira-enabled queues into Jira. In order to add new fields, you will need to add them to your create screen in Jira. From there you can “re-sync” your project and those new fields will populate and forms will update.

Can I move tickets between queues?

~On the roadmap~

Until we can properly support ticket moves in Jira, we have decided to block the movement of tickets between Jira-enabled queues. We know moving tickets is important, so this is a high priority for us to build! You will still be able to move tickets in and out of non-Jira-enabled queues

I use an emoji to set statuses, can I still use that?

Transitions to the status set in your recipes isn’t always available in Jira, or sometimes has a required field that needs to be set. For this reason, we’ve decided to block any recipe-triggered change of Jira statuses in Halp for the time being. We are looking into how to best support this, but if you want to set statuses via recipes, you can achieve it today with a field and a Jira Automation.

What about Zendesk?

While this release doesn’t move Zendesk integrations to the queue-level, it does improve syncing recipe visibility for each Zendesk site on the global integrations page. You’ll now see that you can view all to/from recipes directly from that page rather than referring back to your recipe builder.

3 comments

marcus.burnap February 17, 2022

Very excited about this update. 

Like • # people like this
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2022

Same here.

I've actually just started using Halp but I'm glad to see things moving and building up :)

Like • # people like this
shzheng June 27, 2022

If you’re a paid Jira Service Management (cloud) user, this change can potentially save you money on your next Halp bill!

Does this apply to Jira Software projects as well? It mentions that "Queues connected to Jira Software Projects will require a paid Halp agent seat" and we are fine with this single Halp agent seat consumption as long as it does not charge based on the number of agents for the queue. Can you please confirm this?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events