Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree 1.3.1.1 git-svn: all commit messages show as (null)

Nathan Gray February 2, 2012

If I select a commit in my git-svn repo using the log view then the commit message is shown as (null) in the detail view containing the commit metadata info. This only happens in git-svn repos -- my regular git repos show the correct info.

This makes ST a lot less useful for me -- is there a place I can download the previous version until this is fixed?

EDIT: Ok, now I've downgraded to ST 1.3.1 but I *still* get (null) for the commit messages! This is the version I was using before and it used to work properly. I've checked 'git log' and the messages look fine there. I've tried removing and re-adding the bookmark for the repo.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2012

Everything's fine here with 1.3.1.1 and 1.3.1, including git-svn repos. The only thing I can think of that would do that is commit text replacement settings, can you check Settings (top right of the repo window) > Advanced to see whether you have something set up there? I haven't seen that happen before though.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2012

And yes to answer your question 1.2.9.1 is still available here if you need it until we get to the bottom of this: http://downloads.sourcetreeapp.com/SourceTree_1.2.9.1.dmg

Nathan Gray February 2, 2012

Ah, thanks! It looks like the upgrade process corrupted my custom commit text replacement. I had a complicated regex that turned a generic Jira project ref into a link (instead of requiring a new rule for each project prefix). After the upgrade it got turned into this:

Regex Pattern: \

Replace With:

Deleting that pattern fixed the issue.

0 votes
kdambekalns February 20, 2012

Had the same issue and edited my replacements yesterday. That fixed it. *But* the fixed replacement is broken again after a SourceTree restart. I removed the replacement, that "helps" :/

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2012

You probably used a '#' character in the replacement text. This was a bug, it's been fixed in 1.3.2 which is available direct from the website now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events