Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in

Next challenges

Recent achievements

  • Global
  • Personal

Recognition

  • Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

  • Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sourcetree 1.3.1.1 git-svn: all commit messages show as (null)

If I select a commit in my git-svn repo using the log view then the commit message is shown as (null) in the detail view containing the commit metadata info. This only happens in git-svn repos -- my regular git repos show the correct info.

This makes ST a lot less useful for me -- is there a place I can download the previous version until this is fixed?

EDIT: Ok, now I've downgraded to ST 1.3.1 but I *still* get (null) for the commit messages! This is the version I was using before and it used to work properly. I've checked 'git log' and the messages look fine there. I've tried removing and re-adding the bookmark for the repo.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Everything's fine here with 1.3.1.1 and 1.3.1, including git-svn repos. The only thing I can think of that would do that is commit text replacement settings, can you check Settings (top right of the repo window) > Advanced to see whether you have something set up there? I haven't seen that happen before though.

And yes to answer your question 1.2.9.1 is still available here if you need it until we get to the bottom of this: http://downloads.sourcetreeapp.com/SourceTree_1.2.9.1.dmg

Ah, thanks! It looks like the upgrade process corrupted my custom commit text replacement. I had a complicated regex that turned a generic Jira project ref into a link (instead of requiring a new rule for each project prefix). After the upgrade it got turned into this:

Regex Pattern: \

Replace With:

Deleting that pattern fixed the issue.

Had the same issue and edited my replacements yesterday. That fixed it. *But* the fixed replacement is broken again after a SourceTree restart. I removed the replacement, that "helps" :/

You probably used a '#' character in the replacement text. This was a bug, it's been fixed in 1.3.2 which is available direct from the website now.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in DevOps

Step up your DevOps game webinar Q&A series - Questions answered!

  On October 21st, 2020 we hosted a webinar titled,   Step Up You DevOps Game with 4 Key Integrations for Jira and Bitbucket. We had a great showing and high engagement, but that meant th...

101 views 0 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you