GUI tool for managing Stash on Different Client PC

Qadeer GHouri September 27, 2012

Hi ,

I have Installed Stash in a Virtual Machine, I have Installed Git- GUI/DOS

but i am not getting how to use them actually,

I want that clinets conenct with the Stash and manage their repositories Graphically rather then Command based,

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Qadeer GHouri November 20, 2012

done

1 vote
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2012

Hi, there is Tortoise Git for Windows. Our developers normally use Eclipse and use egit (a plugin).

1 vote
TimP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2012

Hi Qadeer,

While there are some excellent GUI tools for working with Git repositories (Atlassian SourceTree being one of them), I would recommend getting familiar with command line Git if you're intending to use it for any meaningful project.

Pro Git is an awesome (and free) online book that I would strongly recommend to anyone getting into Git for the first time. It'll teach you all you need to know about the Git command line, plus all of the fundamental concepts you'll need to work with Git repositories.

cheers,

Tim

0 votes
Qadeer GHouri November 15, 2012

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events