Downloading Stash software

Calum Coburn November 23, 2012

Hello

We are planning to buy Stash softward, I am interested to know if we can run that on our server?

We want to use hosted solution our own. How much will be the price?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2012

See http://www.atlassian.com/software/stash/pricing for the pricing for running it on your own kit.

I don't understand "We want to use hosted solution our own" - which is it? Hosted, or your own download?

Calum Coburn November 24, 2012

Thank you for your answer. Let me rephrase my question just for being 100 % sure. We have our own GIT server and we want to have visual interface to see GIT commits, branching, connections with Jira tasks, some statistics, will your software fullfill that requirements? and we will have your software installed on our server yes, with pricing mentioned above?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2012

My software won't. I didn't write anything like Stash.

I'm being a bit flippant here - the point is that this is a community of end-users of Atlassian software, we're not Atlassian themselves (some members of the forum are Atlassian of course)

Anyway, yes, if you have your own server and you install Stash, yes, you'll get a visual interface in front of your source control repository. The pricing is as you've seen already.

1 vote
Jens Schumacher [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2012

Hi Calum,

Let me clarify that Stash will act as your Git server. Stash allows you to create and manage repositories, set up fine-grained permissions, and collaborate on code. For a full list of features and capabilities, take a look at our wesbite under:

http://www.atlassian.com/software/stash/overview

Cheers,
Jens

Calum Coburn November 25, 2012

Hello Jens

Thank you very much for your comments.

we have already git installed on our own server, should we install stash also on that server and it will give us interface to GIT and jira?

Best regards.

Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2012

Hi Calum -

Stash will give you an interface to git - and JIRA is integrated with Stash, which allows you to see JIRA issues related to commits in Stash.

See this doc for both screenshot on the JIRA integration, and the application link steps to make it so -

Ellen

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2012

Calum -

Happy to help you with licensing and install questions to get you going - as well as importing your code (if SVN) to Stash/git.

AppFusions just released a "Source Code Importer for Atlassian Stash" plugin"

Any questions - don't hesitate to give us a shout!

Best,

Ellen
ellenfeaheny (skype)

Calum Coburn December 5, 2012

Ellen, thank you for your feedback, we have our code moved to GIT, we need to use Stash for following reasons

-to have jira plugin for GIT

-to have Web interface for GIT, to see repositories and so on

Please consider that we have GIT installed our own server, so we need Stash also to be in our server, we dont want to move our code any other hosted server...

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2012

That is the perfect scenario - sounds good! :) Have fun.

If you haven't yet - update to Stash 2.0 released yesterday. Takes it up a level again! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events