Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where in Jira database tables is fisheye link information stored

Robin Hochteil November 17, 2021

We are connected to Fisheye from Jira. If I hover over the commit header, I can see a link to my info in fisheye. Where is this link stored in Jira? What table? I have looked thru all the documentation I can find and there is no reference to what plugin table in Jira contains this information.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2021

Jira connects to Fisheye to get some of the information, and it indexes some of it.

So some, possibly all, of what you see on screen is not held in the database.

I would want to question what problem you are trying to solve with this.  Reading a Jira database is almost certainly the worst possible way to do whatever it is, so we may be able to point you at something that will work better!  (Or even just work)

Robin Hochteil November 17, 2021

The project in one instance of Jira is being moved to another instance of Jira where the fisheye plugin is not being allowed. So we need to pull those links in from the legacy site and put them into the target Jira instance remotelink table as plain links.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2021

Ok, the best thing to do would be to read the current Jira over REST, getting the development data.  You may then need to read Fisheye to get all of what you need.  Then, post-migration, poke the remote link data into the moved issues over REST (I can't recommend touching the database - it often fails, and leaves you unsupported)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events